The Greek Fratty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greendrake

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
North Idaho
Not sure if I posted it here yet but I wanted to share with you guys, easy easy easy....and will knock your socks off. 

2lbs ground lamb - put in ziploc and flatten out, cut away bag

One container feta, roll into log

1lb bacon weave, season and wrap around lamb log

Season and wrap in saran wrap, tight, refrigerate to let firm up...you don't have to do this.

Whip up a triple garlic tzatziki sauce, use a whole bulb of fresh garlic, a container of greek yogurt, some minced red onion and cuccumber and some lemon juice to taste.

Smoke that baby til 145, slice and watch the smiles.  I did this for a local restaurant and they sold out within an hour.
5007bc04_Video1500000-18.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mballi3011
That sounds good. Maybe some of those pepper rings and onions they serve with the lamb would be good as a side also. Not a real fan of feta, but im sure it makes the dish!

Bama, not much other than some rub on the lamb and a container of feta I sprinkled all over it before I rolled it up into a log to be wrapped in bacon.  This is one of my faves because I love feta and tzatziki sauce so much.  I like the sauce to sting, with loads of garlic.  This is one way to truly enjoy a greek style fattie.

icon_cool.gif

Now this is made just for us. We love lamb, feta and maybe alittle bit of onions and spinach and then roll it up and you have got mymouth a watering. I have to go check in the freezer to see if we have the makings for this one. Thanks for the recipe and that Tzatzaki sauce is the hard one for me. I've tried and tried but it never comes out right. Maybe I'll try your recipe for it. Is there anything else I need to know??? This is definatly on the short list.

Not sure if I posted it here yet but I wanted to share with you guys, easy easy easy....and will knock your socks off. 

2lbs ground lamb - put in ziploc and flatten out, cut away bag

One container feta, roll into log

1lb bacon weave, season and wrap around lamb log

Season and wrap in saran wrap, tight, refrigerate to let firm up...you don't have to do this.

Whip up a triple garlic tzatziki sauce, use a whole bulb of fresh garlic, a container of greek yogurt, some minced red onion and cuccumber and some lemon juice to taste.

Smoke that baby til 145, slice and watch the smiles.  I did this for a local restaurant and they sold out within an hour.
5007bc04_Video1500000-18.jpg
I am assuming that the Tzatziki sauce is for dipping and not added to the stuffed ingredients?

Thanks,  John

Hi guys, yes, I love this one too.  The Tzatziki sauce is for topping once you slice a piece off, you dump the sauce on top.  I love it garlicky, so I used a whole bulb.  there is nothing else you need to know about the sauce, it's very simple and absolutely delicious.  I made one for a friend I workout with and she texted me saying she was sitting in the kitchen eating the sauce with a spoon, it's that tasty.

I have a problem whenever I put the sauce down first...it seams to soak the meat and sometimes.....it completely falls apart during the initial rolling of the fattie. But if the TZ sauce is thick i think I could hang in there til I get er rolled up. Tried a pizza fattie and threw a fit when it fell apart while rolling it up. Had to make another and put the sauce on last it worked out way better.

Thanks for sharing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky