The forum is all jacked up again.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The new styles (brown and orange) were built with close attention to clean code and doing things correctly rather than just "making it work".

The SMF Classic style was built by someone else and even though a lot of you have gotten used to it and seem to like the "look" better, the code is horrible and a nightmare to work with in the backend.

If you prefer the SMF Classic, what is it about that style that you like? Colors, font size, something else?

Just curious and maybe I can try to work on something that is coded cleaner that also looks and feels a lot more like the SMF classic theme.

I just am used to the old style, but if the new style is what works best for the forum, I’m in. I will switch to one of the other styles & just stay there. I’m just getting old Jeff & hate change.
Al

I just am used to the old style, but if the new style is what works best for the forum, I’m in. I will switch to one of the other styles & just stay there. I’m just getting old Jeff & hate change.
Al
Al, you are free to use either one you like but the SMF classic has a lot of issues and I'm just not sure I want to pay a lot of money for someone to re-do the code or spend the time doing it myself. It's pretty bad.

I am happy to adjust the newer styles (brown seems to be the favorite) to look and feel as much like the old SMF classic as possible.

noboundaries noboundaries I moved the visitor tabs back to the header on mobile to see if everyone likes that better. Let me know what you think.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Al, you are free to use either one you like but the SMF classic has a lot of issues and I'm just not sure I want to pay a lot of money for someone to re-do the code or spend the time doing it myself. It's pretty bad.

I am happy to adjust the newer styles (brown seems to be the favorite) to look and feel as much like the old SMF classic as possible.

noboundaries noboundaries I moved the visitor tabs back to the header on mobile to see if everyone likes that better. Let me know what you think.
Thanks so much Jeff for all the work you do. I like this new one.

I guess I'm with Al. I'm change resistant LOL!
I like the classic because it fills more of my screen and the roundabout is bigger, but other than that I haven't really noticed any difference.
I know squat about coding, etc., but I'll go with the ULX Brown and get used to it.

Reactions: TulsaJeff
If you guys are using the new style (brown or orange), scroll to the bottom and you will see an arrow icon right next to the style name.

Click on that arrow icon and it will make the forum, the width of your screen.

If you guys are using the new style (brown or orange), scroll to the bottom and you will see an arrow icon right next to the style name.

Click on that arrow icon and it will make the forum, the width of your screen.
Perfect! I saw the arrows but I'm leary of clicking on something I don't know.
It seems like the text is bigger, as well.
Thank you!

Screenshot_20221013-140504_Chrome.jpg

Yep! That works for me on the new format.

I prefer the larger text size on the classic, other than that, no complaints with the brown. Increase the text size on the brown and work it into a dark theme and you may be onto something ....

None of the new styles work on either of my rotatory phones, but they all work on my Lenovo laptop thanks Jeff.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Retired Spook
I assume the forum already reaches to the edges of your screen? The width thing only shows up on screens that are wider than 1290 pixels.
I switched over to brown last night. Getting the hang of it but I will say it works smoother than the classic. Tried the orange but I hate the Tennessee vols lol

• Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
I switched over to brown last night. Getting the hang of it but I will say it works smoother than the classic. Tried the orange but I hate the Tennessee vols lol
I did think about doing a style that mimicked the colors of the SuperB owl winners each year🤣

Anyone have an inkling who that could be in the upcoming SB LVI?

1280x1024 is the resolution I am running, so that may be it.
Yep.. you should be seeing edge to edge forum. The width thing wouldn't help you out therefore it disappears.

If your screen is wider than 1290, the width button allows it to widen out so there's no wasted space on either side.

Reactions: DougE
Yep.. you should be seeing edge to edge forum. The width thing wouldn't help you out therefore it disappears.

If your screen is wider than 1290, the width button allows it to widen out so there's no wasted space on either side.
I still find the larger font on the topic headings in classic easier to read, but I'll get used to it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky