The forum is all jacked up again.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
Please forward this to the admin/ techie dudes.
1665250815165.png

And the width button doesn't help much at all.
Thanks for looking into this.
Dan

I had some issues with one of my laptops that I use with an external monitor and messed around with the resolution settings until I got it to display correctly.

I’m still using the old format. Us old guys don’t like change very much, but it sure is nice of Jeff to give you guys some other options. I tried them out, but just like the old style better.
Al
I'm with Al
I know I have said this before , and I hope I don't jinx it. But the old way is still working
and with the spinner at the top. God I hope I did not just mess it it up for me ,lol

David

I'm still running a Windows 7 computer and an iPhone 7... That shows what I think about "new" technology! 🤫

The default style works for me.

I’m still using the old format. Us old guys don’t like change very much, but it sure is nice of Jeff to give you guys some other options. I tried them out, but just like the old style better.
Al
Might be a good idea to explain how one can select the old format. I for one don't know how.

Might be a good idea to explain how one can select the old format. I for one don't know how.
If you don't know how to change the style, then you're probably still using the old one. That said, I had the same issue as forktender forktender on the PC I'm using now. I went into window settings/display, and messed with the screen resolution settings until it displayed correctly again. I'm on windows 10 using edge browser.

If you don't know how to change the style, then you're probably still using the old one. That said, I had the same issue as forktender forktender on the PC I'm using now. I went into window settings/display, and messed with the screen resolution settings until it displayed correctly again. I'm on windows 10 using edge browser.
I use a MAC so I would not know how to change the settings. All I know for sure is that I can see and read everything just fine. It does seem that I have more blank screen than before but as I originally replied, it is readable. Thanks.

I can't replicate the issue on my end but I can tell you that nothing has been changed since Thursday or Friday so it must be the gremlins again. I try to take the weekends off for family (wife's orders) but I will look into this tomorrow and see what might have happened.

I can't replicate the issue on my end but I can tell you that nothing has been changed since Thursday or Friday so it must be the gremlins again. I try to take the weekends off for family (wife's orders) but I will look into this tomorrow and see what might have happened.
Some issues exist, but most can be fixed on the user end if the user knows what they are doing. The site should function properly for those who don't. though.

I've tried all the forum options, and it is still jacked up. To the point that I'm not using the forum until it's fixed.

Here is another screenshot.
Well, now I can't attach the screenshot, I get this popup.

"Oops! We ran into some problems."

TulsaJeff TulsaJeff

Thanks for looking into this, Jeff.

Dan

PS. I use a windows laptop and an Android phone, and the forums original format.

Last edited:
I have a guy working on this.. can you explain to me what it's doing so I can relay that to him.

Thanks for your help with this!

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky