The beginings of my Disco Burner!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Where did you get the disc? Love the handles.

01d0d4b4b0a80dd084cd1a5782991ca3.jpg

A friend over in the Willamette valley picked up for me. There's a metal place he knows there that has hundreds of them. He filled the hole where it attached to the harrow. He also welded on the horseshoe handles for me.

Looks-Great.gif
Man where do you get all these ideals I still want to make the crab for a friend of mine who has a seafood business and does commercial crabbing. You told me vise grips were cheap at Harbor Freight where are all those horse shoes coming from. Of course I have some Amish friends who could fix me up with them. What a wok real cool. 

:Looks-Great: Man where do you get all these ideals I still want to make the crab for a friend of mine who has a seafood business and does commercial crabbing. You told me vise grips were cheap at Harbor Freight where are all those horse shoes coming from. Of course I have some Amish friends who could fix me up with them. What a wok real cool. 

I buy them at one of our local feed stores. The shoes are just under $3 a piece. Legs are 1/4" steel rod, eyes are 3/4" nuts.

Once rusted I coat in Penetrol to stop the rusting. Then several coats of spray Varathane for UV protection.

Last edited:
Houston we have lift off!

I had to close the air down to see the flames. Burns so clean they are invisible!

e16a8fb7990364a7c1a5609ea57a7155.jpg

072a7dac64a039fe2bde0dd7a61cc12b.jpg

86d169a851fbb152865b0883339623e6.jpg

12d9db9289d9e9244ae81ff6ef0b4a7e.jpg

1a03ed6c23c027c027e0b12468270aa4.jpg

It's going to need holes at the top or I'm going to need to weld some tabs to lift the disk off the rim. It snuffs the flame out with the disk on it.

Smoke away!!!

Dirt.......  That's perfect.....   great job......    Now for a crab omelette....  or something else worthy of such a fine cooking utensil....

Dirt.......  That's perfect.....   great job......    Now for a crab omelette....  or something else worthy of such a fine cooking utensil....

Thanks Dave! I went looking for some crab yesterday. None of our stores have Dungeness right now. Crazy.

Nice Job Dirt, Can't wait to see it'd maiden voyage  

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky