The BBQ Gun Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
New pew pew
IMG_20230215_134307.jpg

Canik TP9 SA. I personally wouldn't have purchased this pistol but it was a gift. Pleasantly surprised with the quality. Will make a good recliner or jeep pistol

New pew pewView attachment 657870

Canik TP9 SA. I personally wouldn't have purchased this pistol but it was a gift. Pleasantly surprised with the quality. Will make a good recliner or jeep pistol
I've heard way more good than bad about Canik pistols.
The Turks make some decent firearms.
Might be a slump in their exports due to the recent earthquake.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I've heard way more good than bad about Canik pistols.
The Turks make some decent firearms.
Might be a slump in their exports due to the recent earthquake.
Oh yeah I have as well. I just never had any first hand experience. Like I said pleasantly surprised. On the heavy side though. Not something my skinny ass can carry lol

Reactions: chilerelleno
Too be honest I have grown very fond of the Springfield XD series. I run the 5 inch tactical at work and I use the 3 inch concealed. I also have a .357 sig barrel that drops in to both :<). That little round is pretty nice I am a fan. Now if only I lived in a free state and could have decent double stacks :<(.
My fullsized 4" XD9 used to be my EDC until I found a pocket pistol I really liked.
And that is my Kahr PM9, I don't leave home without it.
Still carry the XD sometimes, open carry usually when hunting and fishing. Sometimes casually concealed in OWB with a long shirt or jacket.

Reactions: negolien
My fullsized 4" XD9 used to be my EDC until I found a pocket pistol I really liked.
And that is my Kahr PM9, I don't leave home without it.
Still carry the XD sometimes, open carry usually when hunting and fishing. Sometimes casually concealed in OWB with a long shirt or jacket.
Picking up a Sig M18 next Wednesday. That's probably gonna become my EDC. Pretty pumped about that one

They are very nice imo. My EDC right now is a Sig p365xl. The m18 is what the military contracts switched to from the Beretta. That's why I gotta have one
I still have a Beretta 92FS on my short list.
I want it as a sidearm to my Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm PCC as they share mags.
Would love to have the 92FS Inox.

Last edited:
Reactions: negolien and TNJAKE

Very nice gift never shot one but it looks good hope it's a shooter

I've been in the gun business for over 25 years and the Caniks were a surprise to me as well. I've seen a lot of imports come and go. Many were garbage. When Century introduced the Caniks a few years ago I was very skeptical. As time has gone on they have turned out to be actual quality firearms. We almost never see any defective ones.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky