The BBQ Gun Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm partial to cowboy guns, though I own some modern ones as well.
My Cimarron Pistolero .357 magnum. I bought this one in early 2020, thinking ammo would be cheaper and more available than the .45 Long Colt. Then Covid hit. :emoji_tired_face:
View attachment 658182

I own 4 Ruger Wranglers. This one is my favorite.
View attachment 658183

And these, I'm passing on to the two grandsons when they get old enough. (Their father is "anti-gun". :emoji_rolling_eyes: Though when my daughter was a kid, she was a crack-shot with my Winchester Model 62A .22 rifle.)
View attachment 658184

Just got this 2001 Henry Golden Boy .22, octagon barrel in a auction last summer. After the taxes & fees, I could have gotten a new one for almost the same price. But it's a beauty, and doesn't look like it's ever been fired. I own a 1935 Winchester model 94 .30-30, but the lever action doesn't come close to the Henry. Smooth as butter.
View attachment 658185

A couple of my carry guns. Have a few others, and I tend to rotate them, depending on what I'm wearing, or where (or what part of town) I'm going.
View attachment 658195
Love your taste in guns. Shoot the heck out of those Rugers (or any gun if you are going to carry it).

Last edited:
Reactions: chilerelleno
Aero15 SBR.jpg
Aero15 SBR2.jpg

Some nice iron on here guys.

Nothing special but this is my oldest and newest to me. First one was passed down to me from my dad who bought it around '55-'56. H&R Sportsman 9 shot .22LR. A very straight shooting gun.

View attachment 660390

Second is my Heckler & Koch P30 9mm I bought a few years ago.
My dad had one very similar to this. He picked it up around the same timeframe.

Reactions: LhornR
That's cool. I read once it is a very good gun considering it was basically a cheap hardware store gun back then. I take it it's no longer around?
I don't think so. I think he sold it several years ago. Bought it from somebody when he was in the Air Force, stationed in Alaska, late 50's. He carried it when we went deer hunting, as a "finishing off" weapon. I'll have to ask him.

Reactions: LhornR
Some nice iron on here guys.

Nothing special but this is my oldest and newest to me. First one was passed down to me from my dad who bought it around '55-'56. H&R Sportsman 9 shot .22LR. A very straight shooting gun.

View attachment 660390
Heard back from my dad. Evidently it is the same gun, and he still has it.

"I got mine in “59” from an old guy in Alaska that needed a couple of bucks. Think I paid about $20.00 and not much more for the Winchester 22 rifle that you have. I haven’t looked, but think grips are black but other than that the same… Both are worth much more…"

Heard back from my dad. Evidently it is the same gun, and he still has it.

"I got mine in “59” from an old guy in Alaska that needed a couple of bucks. Think I paid about $20.00 and not much more for the Winchester 22 rifle that you have. I haven’t looked, but think grips are black but other than that the same… Both are worth much more…"

Yeah he might want to hang on to it...and you could always hint around about leaving it to you.

Wow! I never expected to see a jeweled hammer on a H&R Sportsman.
Love the way they break open like a S&W Schofield.
Thanks for posting L LhornR .

You know I didnt really take notice of the hammer until you mentioned it. The break action and pretty much everything still works smooth yet. It really wasnt used that much except for mom killing snakes invading our house when dad was at work (an old farmhouse) or dad plinking around with it. It was the first gun I shot when I was about 8yo.

Did a little work on the new G22 today. Like most Glocks, the trigger had some grit to it. Normally just shooting will smooth it out but that takes a thousand rounds or more. Nope, I want a nice trigger now! It was time for a little polishing like I've done on my other Glocks. Pretty easy to do and does make a big improvement, especially on new guns. Less effective on older guns that have been shot a lot. Here is a good guide to what needs to be done.

Before I started I checked the trigger pull weight with a Lyman gauge and it varied between 5.5 and 6.0 lbs. When I got it apart I found the new "." (dot) connector which Glock publishes to be 5.5 lbs. When the job was done, the measurement was a very consistent 5.25 lbs. This polishing work is not meant to lighten the pull just smooth it out and make it more consistent. Mission accomplished.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky