That's not a Spatula!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

02ebz06

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 1, 2012
Rio Rancho, NM
This is a spatula!!!

Hawg Lifter 2024-02-10.jpg

Almost 10 inches wide. It's called a Hawg Lifter.
When I was at Lowes to pick up one of those rib membrane remover tools, that this forum "forced" me to buy, this thing fell in my basket.
Hawg Lifter

Should be great for managing pork butts.

I have one of those and it's been AWESOME for me!

Strong enough to lift a whole packer or a big butt! Let me look, I have a picture of me lifting a whole brisket with it. I love that thing.

eta: Nope, not a picture, it's a video. Don't think I can post those here... Works great though!

Last edited:
Reactions: bill1
This is a spatula!!!

View attachment 688281
Almost 10 inches wide. It's called a Hawg Lifter.
When I was at Lowes to pick up one of those rib membrane remover tools, that this forum "forced" me to buy, this thing fell in my basket.
Hawg Lifter

Should be great for managing pork butts.
I have the same one? It's amazing for moving butts around. Got mine a couple years ago at Meijers

Reactions: 02ebz06
If this isn't right, I'm sure the mods will take care of it.

This is a video of me lifting a full packer from the grate onto a couple of layers of foil to wrap with that spatula. That thing is a beast and is built well enough to handle!

I'd be on the lookout for the lady in the background. She's eyeballing your cook and looks rather suspicious!

Gosh, those spatulas all look like they've been stored in a gun safe, like new! I work the burgers and cheesesteaks on my Blackstone griddle with this baby. Liberated 53 years ago from a commercial kitchen remodel and it was old then. From a time when things were made to last, it's flipped a LOT of chow. RAY

DSCN0393.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky