Thanksgiving Day Lemon Ice Box Pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
I actually made the pie a day earlier, and tossed it in the freezer. Just pull from freezer 30 minutes before serving.

ingredients: 1&1/4 cup fresh lemon juice; zest of two lemons; 8 egg yolks; 1/4 cup sugar; 1/4 tsp salt; 1/2tsp vanilla extract; 1/4 cup powdered sugar; 2 14 oz cans condensed milk; 2 cups heavy cream.
14 graham crackers; 6TBS unsalted butter.

Preheat oven to 325

Crust: break graham crackers into pieces and pulse in food processor approx 8 times. You want a evenly ground but not powdery consistency. Then add warm melted butter, sugar and salt. Pulse until fully incorporated, about 5 to 6 more one second pulses.
Add mixture to a pie pan and evenly spread throughout, try to bring crust up the edges as best as possible, about 3/4 way up the pan. Set aside.
Filling: add eggs and the zest of two lemons to a bowl and whisk for about 60 seconds. Add condensed milk and lemon juice to that and whisk until smooth. Add mixture to crust, and bake in oven until you get a custardy texture, that slightly wiggles in the middle. About 25 minutes. Let pie rest on cooling rack for one hour, then cover and freeze (overnight is best).
Chantilly whip cream topping: add cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk (I use kitchenaid) on medium high until you get medium sized peaks (sorry no pics of whip cream, just a video and I’ll try and upload it).
this is a terrific recipe and if you try it I hope you enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving!
1FA21069-75E5-47BB-9800-AB0FF5982686.jpeg
C08B4E7D-5323-4C22-9F39-6D60B7D0F08B.jpeg
317DA1C3-0506-4F38-9CFA-606E49FE0F20.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great! Love those, my wife makes small individual ones sometimes as a different twist.

Reactions: 73saint
We have a Meyer's lemon tree right outside the back door that produces lemons all year long. Judy make this lemon curd that is very similar to what you made. And yours looks delicious!!
Al

Reactions: 73saint
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky