Texas pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtyruss

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
San Marcos
So I have made corned beef in the past a couple times and love the quality and control of the end product. So the other week I got it in me to commit to taking it further and smoking after the brine ti create pastrami. I was astonished at the result and highly recommend trying this.
20180514_130207.jpg
20180513_132047.jpg
20180502_104326.jpg
20180502_101642.jpg

Reactions: tallbm
Looks awesome! But, I am curious, how were you able to achieve a smoke ring on pastrami. I didn't think that was possible.

Looks awesome! But, I am curious, how were you able to achieve a smoke ring on pastrami. I didn't think that was possible.

First of all the pastrami looks delicious, but I was wondering what exactly was your curing process, cause the meat should be a lot more red in the center. It looks to me like it wasn't cured all the way through. Maybe it's just the photo.
Al

That looks awesome. I have always wanted to make a pastrami and happened to purchase a corned beef today. Can you send me the recipe? Thanks.

I corned my own brisket, once corned the only step left is to smoke it. I used equl parts cardamom and black pepper with a little clove and paprika. Dropped her on the vertical smoker on my pitts and spitts once up to 225 and she hit 180 about 8 hours later. Let it rest then slice and eat!

Thanks DR, after I posted my question I realized that you had prepped your own. Something that is also on my list!! Cheers

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky