Texas Cajun Jerk Chicken Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rvachewlover

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 26, 2016
Richmond, Va
Is it just me or does all meat seem more expensive these days? Picked up a 4 lb bag of frozen chicken wings at Wally's World for $11 when I think they use to be about $9.

Grumblings aside.

Defrosted those suckers and put together the namesake rub. I combined Chacero's Cajun Rub (spice+SALT), Weber Original (Sugar+Balanced), and Fire and Smoke Society Black and Tan (Color+Spice) rubs. Threw in a little extra sugar, both brown and white as it was a little salty for my taste. Then two tablespoons of melted butter with Worchestshire sauce and Captain Morgan to make a wet rub. Dredged them real good and smoked/grilled on the second grate of the WSM 18.5 for half an hour ~300-325. Threw the remainder of my bag of pecan wood on the coals. I overcooked them by a hair (or didn't defrost them all way due to excitement). I wish I had gotten the skin crispier with more direct heat or frying but sin mar a tha e.

Attachments

• IMG_4071.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4070.JPG
    IMG_4070.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 27
I get all my yardbird from Sam's. 92¢lb for legs, $1.99lb for wings. Legs = more meat for less money. Uh oh, we just got a dust storm warning. Bye bye.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky