"Texas Cadillac" Brisket & Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokermark

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Rural Nebraska
A week ago I was hired to chauffeur a group of wild, crazy folks for their annual year end celebratory "night on the town" with the Cadillac limousine. Prior to our departure, most of the guests met up to eat before leaving. Originally I was going to make some barbecue chicken wings and legs but on a whim decided instead to bring along a brisket.

22636fb9_SmokerMark006.jpg

Marinated, rubbed, set to go in the cooker @ 2:30 a.m.

8a4caec0_SmokerMark009.jpg

Ready to foil 13.5 hours later at about 190 deg.

94f8933a_SmokerMark013.jpg

After foil, about 1.5 hours later to 200 deg.

7760bbc7_SmokerMark016.jpg

d33ef3d0_SmokerMark021.jpg

29dfc96e_SmokerMark017.jpg

First cut, slices following wrapped and in cooler 40 min. resting

This brisket was just under 10 lb. I marinated about 12 hours with a combination of my own spices and olive oil prior cooking and then applied rub shortly before going into cooker. In a pan below I used a combination of one small bottle Worcestershire Sauce, 1 bottle beer, 2 bottles water and a splash of gin. 225-235 degrees temperature cooking throughout. 

I ended up slicing the slices in half or thirds and then layering them into the slow cooker moderately coating them with one of my favorite barbecue sauces. And then, transporting back into the cooker wrapped in towel on my way out. I was running out of time for further pics so I had to scoot along.

It was 21-25 degrees outside the whole time during this cook. There was a stall at 163/164 deg. after a time when my temps fell about ten degrees before I caught it and then it took 75 min. for it to regain moving good again.

Almond, cherry and a little bit of red oak woods were used for smoking up to 145 deg. The meat was flavorful and tender with good moistness. This one was trimmed fairly nicely I only had to remove one flap. Another hopefully up within the next ten days. 

That looks awesome great job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

icon_cool.gif

Your brisket came out wonderful and I know it was delish too.

Thanks for the kudos everyone. We did really have a great time. I even got to sport one of those chauffeur's hats. But, the white gloves...I was NOT doing! :p I got home about the exact time I started the brisket the previous morning. They went wild over the brisket I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. Another one is in the works at little bit larger so hopefully it will turn out at least as good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky