Teriyaki-Soy-Sesame-Ginger Chicken (say that 10x fast!) grilled with some hickory

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by jirodriguez, May 1, 2011.

1. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Decided to do some high heat grilling today, store had a good deal on chicken drum sticks. Chicken was marinated in a mix of Yoshidas Gourmet Teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and some Newmans Own sesame ginger salad dressing. Also decided to marinade some good sweet corn in zesty Italian dressing, and added a baked tatertot dish as well.

Here are the before pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..... and the after pictures. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plus a plate full of happines! [​IMG]  Ooooh Yeeaaagh!!

[​IMG]

Thanks for drooling..... I mean viewing!

meateater likes this.
  2. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

Yeah, I'd eat that!!!  looks like an awesomely tasty dinner! Cheers!

3. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks awfully tasty!

4. justpassingthru

justpassingthru Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks delicious from here, I'd accept an invite for a dinner like that!

Marinated corn, hmmm, sounds interesting, I'll have to give that a try.

Gene

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great meal you put together there Johnny. I like the marinated corn idea too. Gotta give that a try.

6. Looks delicious!

Marinated corn on the cob you say? Looks like I'll have to try that.

That tater tot thing is new to me too. I am assuming you do more than just mash tots into a casserole?

7. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

All looks Awesome Johnny!

I prefer nice thighs, but those are about the best looking calves I've seen in awhile!!!!   [​IMG]

Keep up the good work!

Bear

8. jirodriguez

Thanks everybody! It was really good. I learned about the marinated corn thing one time on a camping trip - guy at the local grocery store told us to pull the husks back, de-silk the corn, pour on the zesty Italian dressing, pull the husks back up, wrap in foil and toss into the hot coals. Made some real tasty corn, so now I just husk it entirely and put it in the ziploc for a few hours and toss it on the heat. You don't need any other salt or butter when it is done.

Teddy... the tatertot thing is basically this: mix 1 can cream of chicken soup w/ 1 can of milk, add 1 cup sour cream, add some grated cheese (any type), mix all that together. Pour sauce mix over tater tots in a pan and make sure all the tots are coated. Crumble some crackers and put them on top, and also dust the top with a little Old Bay Seasoning. Bake in a 350° oven till it gets bubbly - about 30 minutes.

9. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking chick legs there...beautiful color....I'd wash 3 or 4 down with a Corona for sure

10. Wow those legs look amazing, beautiful color. I love dark meat, and you've just made me hungry...at 10:40...lol

11. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking plate Johnny

12. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Great Johnny...

13. jirodriguez

Woot! Made the carousel finally! Thanks,and grats to the other carousel riders! [​IMG]

14. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

looks great Johnny.... Congrats on the carousel ride...... [​IMG]

I know...... I'm corny with the smiley insert...... but I'm not marinated yet........ That will be tomorrow

15. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Way to go Johnny!!

16. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

Man O Man that looks great.. Nice job

17. jirodriguez

Thanks again guys & gals  [​IMG]     

I found it kind of funny my first carousel ride was from somthing I high heat grilled instead of slow smoked..... lol.

18. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Congrats on the merry go round. That's some good looking yard bird and I like the marinade concoction! [​IMG]  POINTS! 

19. Dang man! I'm about to print off your recipe for the casserole! Thank you very much sir!

20. lexscsmoker

lexscsmoker Fire Starter

They look yummmmmmy.  [​IMG]

I get the drumsticks when they put them on sale too.  99 cent/lb around here and you get @ 20 of 'em.  They are jam up good.