Temp accuracy, expectation vs reality, RT-700

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As you can tell by the fact that I am currently smoking a brisket and have cooked a ton of meat on my Bull, no OCD here. Like I said in a previous post, consistency >>>>>> Accuracy in smoking. Accuracy you learn one time and then you adapt one time. If it is inconsistent though, nothing you can do...

Thanks to all on the info regarding checking, then adjusting, temp controls / readouts. Like many, maybe I'm a tad skeptical on holding temps that close, but to be fair, it'll likely be better than I have had on anything else. My 6 year old Char Griller Akorn kamado (which replaced a very cheap thin wall offset) is on its death bed (well, parts of it), so I'm taking the pellet plunge with an RT700. Lots of catching up to do on how pellet grills make less smoke than other types. Getting the smoke box as well, so may end up also getting an amazen box or tube of some sort to augment if needed- especially for cold smoking in the box. Thanks for the links.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky