Tatonka Dust Steaks with bacon wrapped asparagus on the kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
It's been a little while since I fired up my kettle so I figured it was time to thaw some steaks and cover them with some Tatonka Dust and fire up the kettle. I was planning on cooking these on Saturday but plans changed and they ended up sitting for over 24 hours in the mixture of Tatonka Dust and Canadian Steak seasoning and I tell you what I think they were even better with the longer wait. Next time I will just cover them with the Tatonka dust and let them sit over night then add my Canadian steak seasoning before they go onto the grill. Here is the rundown.

Steaks all covered with seasoning.

Some asparagus wrapped in bacon with a little seasoning on them.

Hot off the kettle.

Here is the onion I did with butter, beef bouillon and Tatonka Dust.

And here is my plate.

This was probably one of my favorite steaks I've made so far. I smoked/cooked them for around a hour on the kettle until they reached 130 then I did a quick reverse sear on them. I just can wait to try the same thing with some ribeyes. Thanks for looking.

Nice.  I am on the Atkins diet and, except for the bread, this looks like I can make it part of my meal plan!  thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky