Tater Bombs and Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So what time is dinner? I'm a bit closer than Uncle Eddie so I'll bring the beer...just toss it in the back of the truck and it'll stay cold.

Yucky day in Cen Tex,
Robert

I'll be standing at the front window waiting! We do need to host y'all at some point for repayment for all your generosity. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ok that is some funny stuff there! Oh and I tried the package deal already....... the flames were really hot.....hotter than the vortex...LOL! I have patience and persistence.

If me and the boy didn't have one smoker build to finish already as well as making a knife forge, I might have some bargaining chips, so need to clear the table first....I will have one even if I have to make one!

Knife forge?!?... This has always intrigued me. I've lost myself to a loooot of YouTube videos of knife making. Maybe someday.

But when the day the vortex and kettle happens you'll be told you should have done it sooner. Just remember to smile :emoji_laughing:

good grief....this looks great!! I was going to do Barbacoa this weekend but now I'm reconsidering.......

Thanks! Barbacoa topped tater bombs?!? Needs to be done!

Knife forge?!?... This has always intrigued me. I've lost myself to a loooot of YouTube videos of knife making. Maybe someday.

Yes knife forge. The boy and me just finished a knife making class from a former Forged in Fire contestant for his senior project. I couldn't mentor him but I sure signed up for the class with him. Needless to say I'm hooked and so is my son! We are first building a propane forge to heat treat carbon blades but I'm also in the process of designing an electric heat treating kiln with a PID so we can do stainless blades!!! We could just send our stainless blades out to heat treat (It is a process....2000 deg to -150 deg a couple of times), especially since the place that does all of Buck Knifes (and many others) is in north Idaho......but that is too easy!

Pics of our knife are in our x-fire build thread.....if you are interested.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/the-x-fire-grill.284462/page-8

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Yes knife forge. The boy and me just finished a knife making class from a former Forged in Fire contestant for his senior project. I couldn't mentor him but I sure signed up for the class with him. Needless to say I'm hooked and so is my son! We are first building a propane forge to heat treat carbon blades but I'm also in the process of designing an electric heat treating kiln with a PID so we can do stainless blades!!! We could just send our stainless blades out to heat treat (It is a process....2000 deg to -150 deg a couple of times), especially since the place that does all of Buck Knifes (and many others) is in north Idaho......but that is too easy!

Pics of our knife are in our x-fire build thread.....if you are interested.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/the-x-fire-grill.284462/page-8

Will check it out for sure! Thanks.

Fantastic looking finger foods! Point for sure!

Thanks! Great football snacks or happy hour vittles.

I am going to have to steal, er, borrow the potato bomb idea! Big like!

Steal away! Improve, change, and have fun. I know you'll put a good twist on em.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky