Tastes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lee242

Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Tn.
If I took a pork belly cut it in half used 2 different brand gas smokers and the same wood in both same temp same time, all things the same except for the smokers would the bacon taste different?

No way to guarantee the same airflow and smoke output in both smokers but they would both taste like bacon.

Barry.

I had a smoker from sears just a small electric made the best bacon I have ever eaten. The smoker I have now is a 30in but not as good. I was thinking of building one that was about 5ft just not sure if it would taste different.

All things being equal,
And none of them being the same....
No.
If you smoked them both in the same smoker, they'd be different.

I've never smoked pork belly before, but when I used my char-griller duo to smoke a butt and compared the final results to a butt done in the WSM I couldn't tell the difference. The duo just took a lot more tending to. The duo has since been retired.

Chris

What is your curing method, or are you smoking just fresh belly? Then it would taste like roast pork.

Brine it and then smoke it and hope it turns out so my wife likes it.LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky