Taking a yardbird for a spin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike5051

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 7, 2015
New Orleans LA
The first of my rehab cooks shall be a rotissirie chicken. It's a 5 lb bird with Tonys sprinkled outside and in.

seasoned.jpg

It's on the kettle for about a 1.5 hour spin. I'll check it at 1 hr 15 min.
roti.jpg

Better half keeps insisting I'm doing too much. This is how I relax! :D

Mike

Reactions: SonnyE
Thigh IT was 174 after 1hr 15min, let it spin another 15 minutes.
rotidone.jpg

The leg fell apart getting it off the forks! :eek:
resting.jpg

The BearShot will be a bit later. I'm grilling asparagus and roasting brussel sprouts!

Mike

I donno what you are rehabin from, but that sure looks like it could help!
After all, a man's got to keep his strength up.

And it is not over-doing it if the spit is electric.
Besides, beer is for pain. ;)

plated.jpg

Bird was falling apart, but juicy and delicious. Asparagus were grilled a few minutes after tossing with olive oil and S&P, still crisp! Brussel sprouts were roasted to the specs of my better half. Halved, tossed with olive oil S&P, placed flat side down on nonstick foiled pan. 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, no flipping or shaking, don't touch! They are browned and toasty on all sides with a moist center. The roasted flavor overpowers the sprout flavor, but that's what she wants. Thanks for looking!

Mike

Oh, Oh, Oh.... Show me the Brussel Sprouts and Asparagus!

That bird looks really nice.
When something comes off a piece of meat of bird like that, I know it was destined to be a Cook's Snack.
The plated shot is posted! Thanks for the praise! That bit of meat never made it to the platter! :D

I donno what you are rehabin from, but that sure looks like it could help!
After all, a man's got to keep his strength up.

And it is not over-doing it if the spit is electric.
Besides, beer is for pain. ;)

Thank you Sonny! I had my hip replaced and took two weeks off of work. I've got a brisket, butt and chicken to smoke during my recovery. The chicken was the shortest so it came first. I can't drive for 2 weeks, so I've got to stay busy around here.

Mike

Thank you Sonny! I had my hip replaced and took two weeks off of work. I've got a brisket, butt and chicken to smoke during my recovery. The chicken was the shortest so it came first. I can't drive for 2 weeks, so I've got to stay busy around here.

Mike

Okey Dokey, Mike. Hope your recovery, and rehab all goes well!
My BIL had his hip replaced. He gets around just fine now, no pain anymore.
Just don't over bend, listen to the advice.
You will be back to Ballroom Dancing in no time... :confused:

mike5051 mike5051
Danged near miraculous what they're doing with joint replacement nowadays.
Heal well and follow rehab like a religion.
It really is! I'm sorry I waited 20 years but I'm also kinda glad I waited. I know the importance of proper rehab, seen too many examples of what not to do!

Mike

Great looking Dinner. Love the chicken and sprouts are a bonus!!! I love my brussel sprouts... Like for sure and good like on the rehab.

Great looking Dinner. Love the chicken and sprouts are a bonus!!! I love my brussel sprouts... Like for sure and good like on the rehab.
Thanks Charlie! My better half went to 3 stores looking for fresh sprouts! She really had a hankerin! :p Than you for the well wishes.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky