Sweet-n-Savory Stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I took half a pork loin out to defrost yesterday with no clear idea of what I was going to make with it. Then last night while updating my recipe index I hit upon it with my Sweet-n-Savory, Apple/Bacon pork stuffing.
Link>>> Sweet-n-Savory Pork Stuffing, Apple/Bacon

So I sharpened my favorite filet knife and butterflied my pork loin.
Then I pounded it out and it's ready for stuffing.

qmPIrwq.jpg

nswW5dd.jpg

So lets make that stuffing, we'll cut it down a bit from what was needed for all those chops in the linked recipe.
And I'm mincing and adding in the pork trimmings to the stuffing.

Sweet-n-Savory, Apple/Bacon Pork Stuffing
3c peeled and diced apple
2c crumbled bacon
1c minced pork loin trimmings (optional)
1.5c diced sweet onion
1/2c diced celery
1 stick butter
3/4c brown sugar
2c unseasoned bread/Panko crumbs
Parsley, rubbed sage, thyme and salt

***If not cooking the loin immediately, be sure to cool the stuffing thoroughly before using to avoid creating a breeding ground for food borne pathogens.***

sUOZhyi.jpg

KlAJDL6.jpg

More to come, stand by Pork Fans.

Last edited:
Props on the mad knife skills. (Looks like you used a log peeler)... That big rectangular piece of perfectly uniform meat kinda makes me wonder if a guy could do a multi-layered pig gratin with all of that delicious stuff between the layers of succulent porcine goodness....

just a thought...

Lay the stuffing down evenly about a 1/4" thick, leave about an inch on the sides/ends.
QYGIgk4.jpg

6rXWTgX.jpg

1n9LwxY.jpg

Use some plastic wrap to help roll it up.
Don't use too much pressure or your stuffing will be forced out of place and you'll not get that pretty picture of a pinwheel when cut.
Once rolled, truss it up nicely and tie the ends a little tighter so no stuffing escapes.

Ready to go into the smoker at 275° over Apple wood, and will cook to an IT of 135°

og3dKow.jpg

Today's side dish is my Salsa Verde Taters
Link >>> Salsa Verde Taters

Pvxd1FN.jpg

IK9sz7R.jpg

More to come, stay tuned...

Last edited:
Made a quick Apple glaze for the pork.

1C Apple jelly
Mustard, start with 1/2t and add 1/4t increments till you like the flavor
Lemon, start with 1/2t and add 1/4t increments to your liking.
In a small sauce pan melt the apple jelly, add mustard and lemon.
Stir and you've your glaze.

8CqB4P0.jpg

AAKk7G0.jpg

Done!
A very sweet treat for dinner, both the stuffing and glaze were remarkable.
A nice jellyroll/pinwheel effect looks great on the plate.

YiEgb4K.jpg

jP9aUsQ.jpg

weh49Xp.jpg

DeSELpa.jpg

Plated with Taters and Watermelon

y5JZH0Q.jpg

Last edited:
Props on the mad knife skills. (Looks like you used a log peeler)... That big rectangular piece of perfectly uniform meat kinda makes me wonder if a guy could do a multi-layered pig gratin with all of that delicious stuff between the layers of succulent porcine goodness....

just a thought...
Thanks, I kind's cheat with a meat mallet knocking it all down to a level playing field.
Multi Layer stuffed loins? IIRC, it's been done.
looks mighty good ... may have to try this soon
Thanks, do try, stuffed loin is good stuff.
Loins are like Fatties, the only limit to stuffing is your imagination.

Last edited:
Another fantastic meal from the House of Relleno!!!. Definetly a work of art.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice job!! Looks delicious.
Miss Linda stuffs thick cut loin chops with almost the same stuffing. About the only difference being that she adds raisins. It's fantastic.
However adding that glaze takes it to a whole new level. Thanks for the recipe--gotta give that a whirl.
POINT
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky