Sweep Log: Outside Garden bay #111

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 1, 2014
Columbus Ohio
Yesterday while I was wearing an orange apron at work, I swept out bay 111 which held a pallet of bundled split firewood earlier this year. Some of the bundles had broken, and there was a shopping cart full of a mix of hardwoods and birch.

I asked my assistant manager if I could take it, and he said "I don't care" so you can guess what happened next. I haven't sorted through all of it closely yet but at least some of it is oak.

Now I'll go back and grab a twin pack of Kingsford charcoal because their price is better than other stores. I might grab another bag of RO lump while I'm at it.

Else that wood would have gone into the trash compactor. I see a lot of mulch and garden soil and manure go in there and store policy is that it's written off and I can't salvage it. So it goes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky