SV Ox Tail Tacos!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, That looks Freaking Awesome!!
I'm another one who has never had Oxtail, but I have never seen it in a store, and I never asked at a butcher shop.
Yours sure looks Mighty Tasty, Justin!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear for the kind words & like! If ya ever get the chance to try these.... I think you'd really like em! Guessing from responses they may be a more Western thing (AKA.. A Redneck Thing).

Being an extremely active muscle group, Ox tails are SUPER high in collagen. The resulting Gelatin content is much more than that of a pork butt. The result, that rich, lip smacking, luxurious mouth feel of the dark, more stringy meat in pulled pork? The mouth feel of Ox Tails is that great eating X10! The gelatin content is so high that your lips and fingers stick together when you stop eating. Refrigerate leftovers and the next day you have a Beefy Jello Jiggler in your refer.
For Taste, Texture and a rich Beefy Flavor there is no better cut on a Bovine...JJ

A great explanation of ox tails chef jimmyj chef jimmyj ! Appreciate ya dropping a line & your expertise! Much better of an explanation than that of a Redneck (me)!

Thanks, I had Ox Tail the first time about 20 years ago. It was a hole in the wall Jamaican restaurant. I could not believe how good they were...JJ

Those look delicious! I did oxtail for the first time a couple weeks ago. Just treated it like a pot roast. Cooked it for 155/36 or so. maybe a little longer. It was awesome. It didn't shred as easily as yours looks though. Next time I'm going to up the temp to 160 and go for 40+. I like the taco idea! thanks!

Nice, sounds tasty! The time & temp on this SV cook worked out well. Be curious to hear the results of the 160/40 cook! The taco idea was just kind of an experiment, but we will do them again. Thanks for dropping a line!

Reactions: gnatboy911
Looks fantastic! My favorite way to prepare ox tails is braising in a red wine based liquid, but I might need to give tacos a try

Thanks man! I will need to try that red wine braise... sounds very tasty! Appreciate ya dropping a line & the like!

Great looking tacos there friend. I've had ox tail in soups (grand mom's style) but no other way.

Warren

Thanks Warren for the kind words & like! We love ox tail stew as well! Appreciate ya dropping a line!

What the hey?
I could've swore I posted a reply to this ox-tail awesomeness.

Beautiful cook Justin,
those have me drooling all over my chin.
I'd ravage a small village for a plate of those tacos.

We like ox-tails too, tacos, just about anyway you cook them if done right they're insanely rich and succulent.
Much like beef cheeks, so decadently fatty, a rich beef flavor and incredibly tender.

What the hey?
I could've swore I posted a reply to this ox-tail awesomeness.

Beautiful cook Justin,
those have me drooling all over my chin.
I'd ravage a small village for a plate of those tacos.

We like ox-tails too, tacos, just about anyway you cook them if done right they're insanely rich and succulent.
Much like beef cheeks, so decadently fatty, a rich beef flavor and incredibly tender.

Thanks for the kind words John, much appreciated. When ya get the craving for some beefy goodness... It doesn't get much better than ox tails or beef cheeks, that's for sure!

Justin Looks good to me I haven't had them in awhile Points my friend.I just picked up one of them $13.00 SV it does what I want finishes my smoked Kielbasi
Richie

Justin Looks good to me I haven't had them in awhile Points my friend.I just picked up one of them $13.00 SV it does what I want finishes my smoked Kielbasi
Richie

Thank you my friend, appreciate the kind words & point! The SV is a great method to help with sausage, etc.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky