• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Super Bowl Sunday - What's on your menu?

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Wife just now told me pp nachos. Now I have to try to thaw a butt by tomorrow evening

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
Of course, Chris. I've never made them, but have had them. They are terrific.
My Daughter makes those . They're great . Last ones she did I cured and smoked the ham using Dave's injection . They were incredible .

Baconator420

Jul 8, 2019
18 brisket for a potluck at the neighborhood bar!

Attachments

• received_213872812988329.jpeg
    received_213872812988329.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 3

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Wife just now told me pp nachos. Now I have to try to thaw a butt by tomorrow evening

The wife is always right(at least in her mind). I have a couple of sealed packs of PP resting in a deep freeze. Your more then welcome to them.

18 brisket for a potluck at the neighborhood bar!

What part of the country are you from? That gathering sounds like it would make a terrific road trip. Have fun.

Chris

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
My Daughter makes those . They're great . Last ones she did I cured and smoked the ham using Dave's injection . They were incredible .

I bet that was good, I've read Dave's post and it sounds like something I may be able to handle.

Chris

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 15, 2017
Pretty much. See link below:

I saw these somewhere on the net last night and it piqued my interest. I may have to try these out.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
I've read Dave's post and it sounds like something I may be able to handle.
Once you understand the process , it's pretty simple . Let us know what you need .
I have a 1 pound hunk I saved . Think I'll double smoke it for tomorrow .

couger78

Smoking Fanatic
May 3, 2011
Well, since I work most of Sunday, my Super Bowl menu is going to be something relatively quick-n-easy! I'm thinking shrimp cocktails for starters—maybe a nice cheese & cracker platter—and for the main entree: I've plenty of smokey kielbasa that'll marry well with apple, onions and sauerkraut for a tasty halftime plate!
kk_05_zpsevjbx7wb.jpg

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Once you understand the process , it's pretty simple . Let us know what you need .
I have a 1 pound hunk I saved . Think I'll double smoke it for tomorrow .

Thanks for the offer, This would have to be a spring project. I'll have to reread the thread, but I think I have most everything needed - except the all important guidance of course.

Well, since I work most of Sunday, my Super Bowl menu is going to be something relatively quick-n-easy! I'm thinking shrimp cocktails for starters—maybe a nice cheese & cracker platter—and for the main entree: I've plenty of smokey kielbasa that'll marry well with apple, onions and sauerkraut for a tasty halftime plate!
kk_05_zpsevjbx7wb.jpg

Sounds really good, I've been there. I work every other weekend, and got lucky this year. I like to do the same thing with Rice-a-Roni.

Chris

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
Beef Ribs = good eats. Derek I'm not sure about cheese sliders thou. Are they like mini-grilled cheese sammies?

Chris
BBQ is awesome, only thing you need to be sure of is a Fart. dang i want beef ribs

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Now that jingle brings back memories, I was 2 in 62. I don't remember the commercial but that jingle hasn't changed in years.

Thanks for the memory.
Chris

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
got wings and a couple tri tips going on tomorrow. using death dust and carne crusta on the meat

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
BBQ is awesome, only thing you need to be sure of is a Fart. dang i want beef ribs

Flatbroke there aren't many things on this earth that I'm sure of, but farts I'm sure of. LOL

Chris

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
got wings and a couple tri tips going on tomorrow. using death dust and carne crusta on the meat

Sounds good Flat, High heat TT with a coffee rub. Is death dust a hot rub?

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky