Super Bowl Sunday - What's on your menu?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Vortex wings, or vortex beer can chicken. I haven't decided. I'm going to my parents for the game and they just started the keto diet. Needless to say, I need to be picky with what I bring.

Dave

Chris, I actually never tried with a London broil before so it will be my first time. My thinking was it would be like an eye of round or even a brisket flat for pastrami since they’re both pretty lean.

I figured it would be the same, just thinner...and it’s going to get sliced and chopped into the mixture. I’m thinking smoking at a real low temp to get more smoke on it before bagging it up for a SV bath. If I were to smoke it at 200-225F, it would probably hit 140IT in an hour.

As for the reuben loaf, I get a pound of corned beef or pastrami (your choice) and chop it up. Mix with 1 cup well drained sauerkraut, 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, 3T thousand island dressing and 1T brown mustard. Mix everything well. Get a tube of crescent rolls and lay them out flat keeping them connected.

Spoon the mixture onto the dough and close. Make a few slices on top to vent. Egg wash and add caraway seeds if desired. Bake at 375-400 until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.

The mixture gives me enough for 2 packages of crescent rolls.

But this year I’m going the extra mile with the meat.
It may not be Sunday but this is definitely getting done at my house in the very neer future! That sounds amaizing!

Reactions: xray
I have 10 lbs of riblets and some party wings. Kids are coming over (I think or at least some of them)

Warren

Riblets never make back into the house when I do ribs. I enjoy snaking on them while I'm outside tending the smoker. Wings and kids sounds like a good time.

I have a pack of Wings yes I broke down and bought 2 packages.So the kettle with the vortex wins.
Richie

I was gonna do wings Richie, but haven't had my grills out for a few months. I'm steak deprived these days.

Chris

Vortex wings, or vortex beer can chicken. I haven't decided. I'm going to my parents for the game and they just started the keto diet. Needless to say, I need to be picky with what I bring.

Dave

No need to be picky. Just tell them you didn't feel much like sharing :emoji_laughing:. Wings seem to be popular on this post.

Chris

Just me and "What's her name" so decided to do finger foods for all day snaking.
She is doing ham/cheese oven sliders, cheese ball and lumpia.
I'll do wings and slice up some of my summer sausage and smoked cheese.
Teddy
Teddy my wife is making Lumpia to bring to a SBP
I'm bring my thirst to make their beer disappear LOL
Richie

Reactions: pit of despair
I will be firing up the Yoder Saturday evening to start a ~14ish lbs brisket and an 8lbs flat. I also have a couple of racks of baby backs that are going to go on. I am pretty jealous of the price some other members are getting. I paid closer to double that per lbs here in WI. there are also some wings that may make their way onto the grates as well.

i have some brisket vac sealed in the freezer, so I think I will make some chili to go along with some vortex wings, smoked cheese and pepperoni.

Having chicken enchiladas, hamburger cheese dip, Jeff's bacon wrapped smoked onion rings, and stuffed sweet peppers. Gotta make the stuffed peppers, our friends 10 year old son just loves them

Ryan

Wasn't planning on doing anything, but had a guy offer me a bunch of rubs and seasonings the other day. He was thinning their herd as he called it, they are a competition team. I said sure. He also threw in a rack of ribs that they use in competition. So ended up with fourty some assorted rubs and seasoning, some sauces, and nicer ribs than I've ever purchased. So the wife informed me I'm making ribs, sounds fine to me. Now to decide what profile to go with.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Wasn't planning on doing anything, but had a guy offer me a bunch of rubs and seasonings the other day. He was thinning their herd as he called it, they are a competition team. I said sure. He also threw in a rack of ribs that they use in competition. So ended up with fourty some assorted rubs and seasoning, some sauces, and nicer ribs than I've ever purchased. So the wife informed me I'm making ribs, sounds fine to me. Now to decide what profile to go with.
Wow I only have 2 rubs now, Jeff's Texas and original...I need some dedicated rib rubs.

I’m going with three racks of baby backs on my OKJ and some Sam’s Club pterodactyl wings on the kettle with the vortex. I’d love to make more but we aren’t having guests. I’m taking leftover ribs to work the next day. My wife is going to make her mac n cheese. We haven’t decided on other sides yet though. If I can find some decent avocados then I’ll definitely make some guacamole. There will most certainly be some various chips and dips. It’s going to be around 80 here so the land that winter forgot will have no issues with smoking weather.
G

Reactions: negolien
I was going to go find me some beef ribs but started drinking the whiskey early so maybe tomorrow if not I got chicken breasts bone in for the 560. I do have taco stuff made already but that will probably be gone by sunday hehe.

I will be firing up the Yoder Saturday evening to start a ~14ish lbs brisket and an 8lbs flat. I also have a couple of racks of baby backs that are going to go on. I am pretty jealous of the price some other members are getting. I paid closer to double that per lbs here in WI. there are also some wings that may make their way onto the grates as well.

I feel your pain. I saw brisket for sale at our local grocer last week for 9.00/lb. It sounds like your Yoder will be full and happy enjoy.

i have some brisket vac sealed in the freezer, so I think I will make some chili to go along with some vortex wings, smoked cheese and pepperoni.

There's a true Super Bowl Sunday meal. I see your liking that Vortex thingy. It's great investment. Wait until you discover it's other uses.

Chris

Doing a couple of pork tenderloins with the cherry bourbon compote for the main course, and fresh potato salad, asparagus with smoked shredded asiago cheese, and cornbread. My in-laws will be over and they are from the bay area, so just to mess with them I am supporting the chiefs. :emoji_grin: GO CHIEFS!! John

Is that how you thank them for allowing you to take their beautiful daughters hand in marriage John? I can remember when I believed you were a fairly nice guy. GO NINERS!!! RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Babybacks are on sale for $1.19/lb so a couple racks will go on Sunday...maybe some ABT's as well

Ribs are on sale here for 2.99/lb both Saints and BBs. They were tempting but it's been to long since I've had a good grilled steak. I had to pass them up.

Having chicken enchiladas, hamburger cheese dip, Jeff's bacon wrapped smoked onion rings, and stuffed sweet peppers. Gotta make the stuffed peppers, our friends 10 year old son just loves them

Ryan

I'm still a newb when it comes to Mexican food so I don't want to spoil the festivities with a failed experiment, but the hamburger cheese dip sounds intriguing. Care to spill the beans on how to make it.

Chris

Kawboy you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, or disappoint the wife. Good call going with the ribs. Onto the flavor profile. Ummmmm How about you place forty plastic Dixie cups on a table. Fill each one with your favorite beer, and write the name of a rub on the bottom of each cup. Bounce a ping pong ball into the cups. Drink the cup the ball lands in, and toss that cup into the trash. Repeat until there is only one cup left, and thats the rub you use. Sounds like a win-win. Enjoy

Vortex wings here for me. And probably some sort of cheese dip along with pizzas on the kettle

That's a good combo Brian. You can never go wrong with Vortex wings, and kettle pizza. Do you use the Vortex as a heat source when making the pizza?

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky