What's on your super Bowl Smoked Menu?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Going simple this year.

Pre-Game up too half time...
• Hot n Spicy Buffalo wings, Two types, smoked and deep fried.
• Assorted veggies & some sliced fruit.

chips and salsa, dip, table munchies...

Half - Time and Post game
• Pulled Pork Sliders
• Roasted Potato Salad
• Marinated Veggie and smoked cheese platter

Dessert
Lemon Cheese Cake

Should be easy, everything can be made either one or two days in advance, though the butt will be finished same day.

nice looking menu.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

im still up in the air, gotta check the sale adds this week, as well as what Restaurant Depot has on Friday, Ill probably finalize the menu Friday night.

Most likely:
-smoking a pork butt for pp sandwiches
-homemade slaw
-a slab or 2 of BB ribs
-smoked pork belly
-maybe some gumbo with some leftover pulled pork in the freezer
-hopefully a live dungeness crab if my mom can grab on on her way out west.

This is a good appetizer if anyone wants to try it. Bet it would be better with Smoked Chicken..

Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
2-8 oz. Cans White Chicken Breast in water
1-8 oz. block of cream cheese
1-8 oz. bag of shredded mild cheddar cheese
1-8 oz. bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 Cup Red Hot Sauce (Frank's/Crystal)
1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing

Put all ingredients in saucepan and heat until all ingredients are melted and mixed well. Place in small casserolle dish and bake in 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.

***Save some of the cheddar cheese to melt on top****

Well, I got my menu set. I'm going with:
2 racks of bb's
ABT's stuffed w/ cream cheese, green onion and cheese (first time making ABT's)
homemade bbq beans
chips and queso

For the beans, it's going to be completely from scratch. I'm going to be using frozen butter beans (they'll be steamed), chopped bacon that's a little cooked, then use the grease to sautee up some onions (all of which will then head into the pan), and cover w/ a batch of my drunken bbq sauce (minus the liquid smoke) before heading into the smoker. This is the first time I'm attempting to do the beans, I'm looking forward to trying 2 new things this week.

Pulled pork
brisket
ribs
and brisket chili

sides and finger food
bbq beans
buffalo wings
mini corn dogs
chips and dips

desert
applie and pecan pie

i cant wait

OOOOOhhhh...I have some smoked chicken in the freezer and it will definitely be used for this! Thanks for the recipe, sounds delicious!!!

looks like a good menu, I also look forward to smokes where I am going to try some new items.

good luck.

still missing the crawfish boil(no matter I ate 6#'s of boiled, fresh from Louisiana crawfish last Friday night, and have a nother boil to go to in a few weeks)...

I am doing:

- a bone in butt for pulled pork sandwiches, also making the slaw from scratch(shredding the cabbage, making the dressing etc.)

- 2-3 slabs of ribs

- honey glazed, smoked pork belly

- some gumbo with smoked sausage, some pulled pork from the freezer, okra, and rice

- beer, tequila, and bourbon... I dont work the day after the Superbowl as a rule.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

might switch up a little and smoke some shrimp for Sunday, and do the bb ribs tomorrow night. 3 day weekend, why not fire up the WSM twice.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

go saints

Gonna smoke some chicken and andouille and make some jambalaya for the Who Dat fans...gonna smoke up some brats for the Indy fans...

Also plan on smoking a shoulder on Saturday, that is if we can dig out the smoker from the foot of snow we're supposed to get!

Gonna smoke up some Canadian bacon in the morning and
instead of watchin football I am gonna watch something REALLY exciting..
like watching grass grow .. or turn brown.. or maybe a really good
spelling bee..
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

Menu for me includes a Bone in Pork Butt and SoFlaQue's sauce for pulled pork sandwiches.
Dutch's wicked beans (I'm not allowed in any party unless I bring them).
Mama's avacodo coleslaw
And hopefully some ABT's, but I will have to see what is left at the grocery store tonight.
Everyone else coming over is broke, so I would expect some chips/dip and some cake.
GO VIKINGS!!! Oh wait... they choked as usual.
I'm from Minnesota so I want the saints to loose, but then again I would like to see them bring one home. It should be a great day to eat and relax with family and friends!

doing a butt, some ribs and probably a fattie. Doing some chicken quaters tomorrow night for the "Bud Shootout"

got my apple wood chunks, and hickory chunks for the weekend.

Gotta stop @ Restaurant Depot on the way home, needing the bb ribs, and some pork butts, maybe some shrimp, andoullie, & Royal Oak Lump.

I hear the pork butts are packaged 2 per cryo pack, if thats the case Ill do both on Sunday, and restock the freezer with pulled pork.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky