Super Bowl Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marvinonme

Original poster
Feb 3, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Mustard rub made with plain French's yellow mustard and Prime Rib rub, Blackened Saskatchewan from Traeger. Diced garlic sprinkled on top and garlic cloves stuffed in slits made in the meat. Seared at 650+ on the Hibachi (about 2.5 minutes per side) and finished on the Traeger at 325 until internal temperature was 120 in the middle (about 2.5 hours). I caught the drippings in a aluminum pie pan for the Au Jus.

Lump charcoal on the Hibachi and Pecan pellets in the Traeger.
Hibachi 1.jpg Hibachi 2.jpg Hibachi temp.jpg Traeger.jpg
meat done.jpg

Yummy if I do say so myself:)

Mustard rub made with plain French's yellow mustard and Prime Rib rub, Blackened Saskatchewan from Traeger. Diced garlic sprinkled on top and garlic cloves stuffed in slits made in the meat. Seared at 650+ on the Hibachi (about 2.5 minutes per side) and finished on the Traeger at 325 until internal temperature was 120 in the middle (about 2.5 hours). I caught the drippings in a aluminum pie pan for the Au Jus.

Lump charcoal on the Hibachi and Pecan pellets in the Traeger.
View attachment 352879 View attachment 352880 View attachment 352881 View attachment 352882
View attachment 352883
Yummy if I do say so myself:)
Looks awesome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky