Sunrise Breakfast Fatty (3rd attempt)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jp61

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 6, 2011
NE Ohio
The fatty is in the sauna :)

Same as last time...sauteing some peppers and onion w/salt & black pepper
20180305_180308.jpg

Dozen eggs w/milk, salt, black pepper and Hungarian paprika
20180305_180928.jpg

Cooking the eggs with some mild cheddar cheese
20180305_181555.jpg

Eggs ready to load into the form
20180305_182404.jpg

Hash brown potatoes taking on sunrise color
20180305_184849.jpg

Changed up on the flavor some
20180305_193351.jpg

Used 1.5 lbs and mixed in some more cheese
20180305_193603.jpg

Ready to roll

20180305_194223.jpg

Can't forget the bacon
20180305_195716.jpg

Hash brown potatoes cooking w/salt, black pepper and Hungarian paprika
20180305_201707.jpg

Also ready to roll
20180305_205105.jpg

Little more cheese for flavor and color
20180306_080017.jpg

Here goes everything
20180306_080730.jpg

Ready to roll again
20180306_182724.jpg

So far so good......I think :D
20180306_183313.jpg

Now we wait.... :eek:

Reactions: ACNIS27
Ummm... I'm waiting for the fatty to cook.

Mighty fine looking fattie JP. Glad there's not a fattie throw-down going on. I like the use of the form.

Point for sure.

Chris

Yes...use of the form wins. Point. Gotta wonder about that potato in there though....is it soggy and to be avoided?

Mighty fine looking fattie JP. Glad there's not a fattie throw-down going on. I like the use of the form.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks Chris!

Another beaut.... Like that for sure,
Thank you Charlie!

Yes...use of the form wins. Point. Gotta wonder about that potato in there though....is it soggy and to be avoided?

Thanks!
I wouldn't call it soggy, but it's definitely not pan fried crispy either. Personal preference I guess, some like it some don't.

Wow....that’s one amazing fatty! Nice job, looks delicious!

Thank you!

That is a lot of work and it looks awesome! Do you think the star would keep it's shape better if you froze it before you wrapped it with the sausage and bacon?

That looks fantastic.

Thank you!

That is a lot of work and it looks awesome! Do you think the star would keep it's shape better if you froze it before you wrapped it with the sausage and bacon?

Thank you!

Sorry, I failed to mention earlier that I did do exactly that. It was frozen solid when I rolled it into the hash brown potatoes and sausage layers. Not sure why it didn't hold its shape better. Possibly I could have cooked the eggs some more before putting it in the form? Not a big deal either way, just having some fun. Thanks for your comment/suggestion, it's appreciated.

Looks Beautiful, Joe!!:)
And Gotta be Mighty Tasty!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear!

lol... have another idea, but..... think I'll wait for awhile before making another fatty.
Starting to have visions of being covered with an bacon-weave-afghan in a wooden box :eek:

Thanks Bear!

lol... have another idea, but..... think I'll wait for awhile before making another fatty.
Starting to have visions of being covered with an bacon-weave-afghan in a wooden box :eek:

LOL---Sounds like something Mrs Bear would Crochet.

Bear

That's really cool. I would like a little more info on that form.
Where did you get that and what makes the eggs stay together in it?
That is one fine looking fatty almost to pretty to eat

That's really cool. I would like a little more info on that form.
Where did you get that and what makes the eggs stay together in it?
That is one fine looking fatty almost to pretty to eat

Thank you!
Sorry about the slow reply Phil.

Here's where I purchased the form.

I cooked the eggs (scrambled) to almost done. Sprayed the inside of the form with cooking oil, loaded it into the form and packed down as I was filling. Let it cool off, then into the freezer overnight.

Awesome thanks for the link and the process
Thank again that's so cool

FYI....the form/mold is 3" in diameter so that don't leave much room for other fillings for a "standard" size fatty. The length is 8 5/8" which seemed to work out well.

As I mentioned above, had another idea to try....maybe.
I ran across this gadget that I think is neat and may even work better.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky