Sunday's butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Southeast Michigan
Thanks for the title idea (Whisper).
Got this 40 year old Weber. Man it's heavy duty..
3 big vents on bottom and one on top.
That's all it is.
IMG_20180225_093616.jpg
IMG_20180225_103244.jpg
IMG_20180225_111634.jpg

I made a basket and tried it out on Saturday. A half load kept 235 ave temp for 4 hours . RO Ridge.

So today I put on a 9 lb butt with a bunch of seasonings. Starting out with a couple hickory chunks and will start using apple after a couple hours.
Put the butt in cool and weber temp just 110° with 3 briquetes going. One hour later its 237° plenty of smoke..

Will shut down bottom dampers now all but 1. Just 1 cracked.
20 mph wind today and temps in the low 40s now.
Will see what happens.

Had issues with my thermo pro yesterday the bbq temp was way out of wack. Ill call them tomorrow to see what's up meat probe was fine

Had issues with my thermo pro yesterday the bbq temp was way out of wack. Ill call them tomorrow to see what's up meat probe was fine
Yeah.. I haven't had trouble yet. TP08 I have.
Just a couple times I took out batteries to reset everything. Bought new batteries once in 2 years.

That is a pretty shiny grate for a 40 year old kettle. Your cleanliness is truly next to godliness.

Hah Rings, your legs are on wrong like mine were. The handle goes over the leg with no wheel.

Love them Webers though. Few consumer goods can give back return on investment for so long. Mine is a 1990 (code M on the top vent)

Reactions: motocrash
Hah Rings, your legs are on wrong like mine were. The handle goes over the leg with no wheel.

Love them Webers though. Few consumer goods can give back return on investment for so long. Mine is a 1990 (code M on the top vent)

Yes. I had just put those on this morning. I noticed after I had started putting in the charcoal and left them like that.. haha.. I knew someone would see.. I have a storage container on my porch to take it apart and put it away.

That is a pretty shiny grate for a 40 year old kettle. Your cleanliness is truly next to godliness.
The grate I bought new for $20
I bought it because the original doesn't have a flip up side to add coals or chunks.
Home Depot marked it down from $35.00

It's the heavy duty one instead of the regular replacement grate

Here is the one I got with the wrong package placed on it from the store.

IMG_20180219_183945.jpg
IMG_20180219_184100.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky