Sunday Night Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
I picked up a nice piece of salmon that was going out of date at a reduced price and hit it with some Tony's no salt. I put it on the Camp Chef set on low smoke for most of the cook, but I did crank the heat up to 210° at the end to get it up to 145° in time to eat.

1654481005248.png

Meanwhile, I heated up the sous vide pot to 180° and put some asparagus seasoned with a little brisket rub that just happened to be sitting right in front of me, and also gave it a little shot of Accent for good measure. Let it ride in SV for about 10 minutes or so.

1654481384922.png

Made some basmati rice to round out the meal, and some cole slaw. You have to have cole slaw with fish.

1654481591164.png

Awesome cook man, there is absolutely nothing on that plate that I would not make disappear! Very nice… We are huge salmon and asparagus fans! Awesome job! 👊🏼👍🏼🍻

I love my Camp Chef! Have the newer DLX 24”model with the PID!

Reactions: DougE
Awesome cook man, there is absolutely nothing on that plate that I would not make disappear! Very nice… We are huge salmon and asparagus fans! Awesome job! 👊🏼👍🏼🍻

I love my Camp Chef! Have the newer DLX 24”model with the PID!
Appreciate it. I've has my SG24 WIFI for over a year now, and I really love cooking on it. It ain't no stick burner, but it does a great job for what it is.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Appreciate it. I've has my SG24 WIFI for over a year now, and I really love cooking on it. It ain't no stick burner, but it does a great job for what it is.

I agree, the pellet is no stick burner… But where I live, have no access to good stuff to run a stick!

I agree, the pellet is no stick burner… But where I live, have no access to good stuff to run a stick!
I have access to more wood than I could ever burn through, and yeah, nothing like the flavor from a stick burner, but it's a trade off. Either be constantly be tending a fire and get the best smoke flavor, or fire up the Camp Chef, and let it do it's thing, while I'm getting some other stuff done that I need to be doing.

Can't say I'm a salmon fan but that's a good looking plate Doug!

Ryan

We love salmon and yours look great Doug!
Had planned on having it yesterday but they weren't biting......at any store in town 😒

Keith

Hey DougE DougE I have some on sale Salmon going on the smoker tonight, as well. Also have asparagus and never would have thought to SV them, I definitely will now. Thanks for the idea!

That salmon looks REALLY good. I'd be all over a platter full of that. Beautiful cook right there and all sorts of tasty I'd bet.

Robert

Can't say I'm a salmon fan but that's a good looking plate Doug!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, you might just not have had it fixed right.
Yeah, I’m all over that. That looks delicious.
Thanks, Eric.
We love salmon and yours look great Doug!
Had planned on having it yesterday but they weren't biting......at any store in town 😒

Keith
Thanks, Keith. Too bad they weren't biting lol.
Great looking plate. I'd not turn it down.
Jim
Thanks, Jim
Hey DougE DougE I have some on sale Salmon going on the smoker tonight, as well. Also have asparagus and never would have thought to SV them, I definitely will now. Thanks for the idea!
I normally coat my asparagus with oil and spices, and grill it on the gasser in a grill pan with holes. It comes out done, but with a little crunch. The same result was done with SV, and now I have another way to cook it.
That's a fire meal Doug. Nice work bud
Thanks, Jake.
That salmon looks REALLY good. I'd be all over a platter full of that. Beautiful cook right there and all sorts of tasty I'd bet.

Robert
Thanks, Robert. Yeah, everything came out perfect.

I picked up a nice piece of salmon that was going out of date at a reduced price and hit it with some Tony's no salt. I put it on the Camp Chef set on low smoke for most of the cook, but I did crank the heat up to 210° at the end to get it up to 145° in time to eat.
What's the temp range for low smoke on the Camp Chef?

Your salmon looks fantastic Doug. We love salmon, but don't make it nearly enough.

Point for sure
Chris

Your salmon looks fantastic Doug. We love salmon, but don't make it nearly enough.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks for the points, Chris. We usually have some salmon a couple times a month, but the way prices have been going, not as often.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky