Sujuk At 9 Months

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
I made these in June, 2019.
suj.jpg

The weight was when first stuffed. Used hog casings.
suj1.jpg

This Sujuk is one of 4 left that have been vac sealed.
Very dry and needs to be sliced thin.
suj2.jpg

suj3.jpg

Growing up in an Armenian household sujulk was a staple. We have an Armenian market here that makes it in-house.

Looks great! Am aiming to make some in the near future. Just received 70 mm umai casings I'm planning on using. Do you think that would be OK or should I use smaller? Looking forward to your answer. Vince.

Looks great! Am aiming to make some in the near future. Just received 70 mm umai casings I'm planning on using. Do you think that would be OK or should I use smaller? Looking forward to your answer. Vince.
70mm UMAi is pretty big but it would work. Take longer but give it a shot.

Thanks. I'm thinking after putting some weight on it to make it oval should be ok. Less hight? I do have some 50mm ones but am keen to try the 70 mm ones.When I get to it I'll make a new post. Thanks. Can't wait to do it.

A little update : went to a store hoping to get smallish brisket. And what do you know they actually had some. Before I threw it in the cart I looked at the label. $11.00 per kg. That's a little over $22.00 a lb. After I picked myself of the floor..... no brisket for me today. Damn! Edit: I'm a moron! I should have got my grandson figure it out. More like $5.50 is a lb. That's more like it! Might go back tomorrow and see if there is any left. Got my fingers crossed lol.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky