substandard charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I wait till Lowe's runs it on sale 2 - 20# bags for $10.00

Would never know ya had charcoal issues tj, them look great !
icon14.gif
I love a teriaki marinade. The sugars or something really carmalize well and make a nice color. If I could have got some sear at the end to get that skin right it would have been ok. I don't give up easy.. hahaha....

Now take one step further and do a huli huli marinade! Case (dirtsailor) has a great recipe in his signature...

Yeah but to do that proper requires Kiawe wood! Cherry Iand pecan is a decent substitute though!

I really wanna try that Huli Huli .... Is that Kiawe wood only available from Hawaii ? Never seen it, can it be ordered ? Just curious !

Hmm pecan... I keep hearing about this mysterious wood. I might have to order some since nobody that I have found carries it around here.

Sounds interesting and Good !!  May have to try it myself

gary

I really wanna try that Huli Huli .... Is that Kiawe wood only available from Hawaii ? Never seen it, can it be ordered ? Just curious !

Kiawe is a type of mesquite tree. It's from Peru originally. It's much lighter and mellower than mesquite. It's the king of Hawaiian smoke wood!

You could probably find some somewhere online for the wood and charcoal... If you knew someone that lives in Hawaii that has some that would work as well!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky