Stuffed peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 3, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I had a craving for stuffed peppers seeing them everytime i opened the fridge.

Missus usually boils them then makes a nice sauce from the cooking water. I wanted them baked this time.

20181020_185747_HDR-1.jpg

20181020_185933-1.jpg

Boils them huh? Never seen them done that way.

They look great! One of my favorites! Reminds me of my mamma. Wish I could have hers one more time. It’s just one of those things where even though I have the recipe it’s just not the same.

Scott

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks really good from over here. What's in the stuffing?

Point for sure.
Chris

Looks really good from over here. What's in the stuffing?

Point for sure.
Chris
Sauted carrots+onion, ground beef+pork, rice. Covered with a little pasta sauce half way thru the cooking, then added some shredded cheese for the last 10min.

Boils them huh? Never seen them done that way.

They look great! One of my favorites! Reminds me of my mamma. Wish I could have hers one more time. It’s just one of those things where even though I have the recipe it’s just not the same.

Scott
They don't really float in a pot of water. There is actually very little liquid.

Fantastic looking peppers!
They are a big favotite around here, but we usually use pablanos.
But yours look absolutely delicious!!
Al

My Mom never made them as Dad was not a fan of the peppers. My MIL made them with beef and rice only. Kind of bland. Those look great and would be worth a try...JJ

My Mom never made them as Dad was not a fan of the peppers. My MIL made them with beef and rice only. Kind of bland. Those look great and would be worth a try...JJ
Chef,

The stuffing here, while not bland is not bursting with flavour. I do like that however since these peppers are seasonal produce and taste aswesome. We freeze some of these for off season cooks - we don't usually stuff store bought peppers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky