Stuffed peppers question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buddy

StickBurners
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
FT. WORTH
I have a couple questions about the ABT'S , that maybe someone could help me out with . First of all , are you supposed to blanch or boil them a little to soften them up before you put them on the smoker or does that happen while thier cooking. Also , where is the best place to cut them open for coring. Maybe slice it down the side? I saw the pics of the ones with the tops cut off . I'm going to try some this weekend with the spare ribs I'm going to smoke . It will be my first try at the ABT'S. Thanks for any advice.

Hey Buddy,

Cut the top off and take the seeds and membranes out with a peeler/corer. I use a paint can opener from lowes :D

Don't blanch'em, just stuff'em with whatever you want inside, put a little piece of bacon on the top to keep stuff inside the pepper and smoke till you're ready to eat'em. About 1.5 to 2 hours gets them pretty well done. :D

Since you're from Texas, 8) I'll tell you if you want'em hot leave some seeds inside. Thats where all the heat is.

Once again cajun gives the good advice. I cut the top of mine off, then open 1 side. scape with a spoon, to remove seeds and membranes for kids and wife. Fill with a sausage/cheese mix. Some times wrap with bacon, others just use toothpicks. Onto the grates for about 2 hours. let cool, eat em UP. Great snack food.

Personally, I find stuffing them to be a PITA

Cut them length wise, deseed and demembrane, then pile on the cheese/fattie mixture, cover 1/2 strip bacon.

They're more like little "boats" than stuffed bullets

Thanks for the information , that helps a bunch. I;m going to try these on
Sunday and hopefully they turn out good . Those peppers of yours Bob
looked pretty tasty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky