• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Stuffed meatloaf.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Last night was comfort food night. Meat loaf, mashed taters with mushroom gravy. And spinach.
The potatoes were straightforward. Boiled and mashed some white potatoes. Added butter and half and half.
Canned spinach with a chunk of butter and a splash of spicy vinegar.
P8081135.jpg

About 2.5 pounds of 80/20 ground beef.
2 eggs
1 tbs worsy sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke
2 tbs parsley flakes
2 cloves minced garlic
1 onion minced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbs paprika
1/4 cup half and half.
Mix it all together. And form a loaf. Then split it in half.

P8081138.jpg

And add 4 sticks of cheddar cheese.

Put in oven at 375 degrees. Until done. Took an hour and 45 minutes.
Money shot! Just some good ol down home cooking. Yup! I like ketchup on mine!
P8081140.jpg

Attachments

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Holy smoke Steve, another beautiful meatloaf meal. Whats not to love buddy!! As you said, down home comfort food. Doesn't get any better than that.

Robert

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Holy smoke Steve, another beautiful meatloaf meal. Whats not to love buddy!! As you said, down home comfort food. Doesn't get any better than that.

Robert
Thanks Robert!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job Steve!
It looks delicious!
I like ketchup on mine too!!
Al

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Looks great steve! I like a little vinager with spinach. And meat loaf is one of the few things I have to have ketchup on. Nice meal!

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Looks great steve! I like a little vinager with spinach. And meat loaf is one of the few things I have to have ketchup on. Nice meal!
Thanks Travis! I was hoping I wasn't too weird about the ketchup thing.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
That’s just pure comfort and deliciousness Steve! I would love to sit down to a plate of that!

Like!

Braz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 25, 2017
Canned spinach (with a sprinkle of malt vinegar) evokes memories of my youth. My wife abhors the stuff so I haven't had it in years. She's OK with fresh, though.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Canned spinach (with a sprinkle of malt vinegar) evokes memories of my youth. My wife abhors the stuff so I haven't had it in years. She's OK with fresh, though.
Malt vinegar works too. I like both fresh or canned. Funny though, I'm not that keen on frozen spinach though.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
That plate is just pure money Steve! Ketchup and all. With the last meatloaf I made I got the idea of making a hot beef sandwich with leftovers but ran out of meatloaf before it happened...ooopppsss.

Ryan

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I love everything about that meal and will be using the "cheddar in the center" trick on my next meatloaf effort, which will be very soon after seeing this Steve, Like! I've never had canned spinach, fresh a few times, mostly frozen. They have it now so I take the bag right from the freezer and toss it into the micro for five minutes, perfect every time. When it comes out you can do whatever, garlic-butter, sour cream, anything you like. And yes, ketchup is mandatory on meatloaf. RAY

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks fantastic Steve!! Count me in as another who loves ketchup on my meatloaf. Grew up with the top being glazed with a ketchup brown sugar blend and still liked to add more from there. I bet that spinach was tasty too.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
That plate is just pure money Steve! Ketchup and all. With the last meatloaf I made I got the idea of making a hot beef sandwich with leftovers but ran out of meatloaf before it happened...ooopppsss.

Ryan
Thank you Ryan! So far it looks like 4 to 1 with ketchup winning!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.