Stuffed meatloaf.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Last night was comfort food night. Meat loaf, mashed taters with mushroom gravy. And spinach.
The potatoes were straightforward. Boiled and mashed some white potatoes. Added butter and half and half.
Canned spinach with a chunk of butter and a splash of spicy vinegar.
P8081135.jpg

About 2.5 pounds of 80/20 ground beef.
2 eggs
1 tbs worsy sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke
2 tbs parsley flakes
2 cloves minced garlic
1 onion minced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbs paprika
1/4 cup half and half.
Mix it all together. And form a loaf. Then split it in half.

P8081138.jpg

And add 4 sticks of cheddar cheese.

Put in oven at 375 degrees. Until done. Took an hour and 45 minutes.
Money shot! Just some good ol down home cooking. Yup! I like ketchup on mine!
P8081140.jpg

Attachments

• P8081137.jpg
    P8081137.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 1
Holy smoke Steve, another beautiful meatloaf meal. Whats not to love buddy!! As you said, down home comfort food. Doesn't get any better than that.

Robert

Looks very good and comforting Steve. Great job.
Thanks for sharing.

Looks great steve! I like a little vinager with spinach. And meat loaf is one of the few things I have to have ketchup on. Nice meal!

Looks great steve! I like a little vinager with spinach. And meat loaf is one of the few things I have to have ketchup on. Nice meal!
Thanks Travis! I was hoping I wasn't too weird about the ketchup thing.

That’s just pure comfort and deliciousness Steve! I would love to sit down to a plate of that!

Like!

Canned spinach (with a sprinkle of malt vinegar) evokes memories of my youth. My wife abhors the stuff so I haven't had it in years. She's OK with fresh, though.

Canned spinach (with a sprinkle of malt vinegar) evokes memories of my youth. My wife abhors the stuff so I haven't had it in years. She's OK with fresh, though.
Malt vinegar works too. I like both fresh or canned. Funny though, I'm not that keen on frozen spinach though.

That plate is just pure money Steve! Ketchup and all. With the last meatloaf I made I got the idea of making a hot beef sandwich with leftovers but ran out of meatloaf before it happened...ooopppsss.

Ryan

I love everything about that meal and will be using the "cheddar in the center" trick on my next meatloaf effort, which will be very soon after seeing this Steve, Like! I've never had canned spinach, fresh a few times, mostly frozen. They have it now so I take the bag right from the freezer and toss it into the micro for five minutes, perfect every time. When it comes out you can do whatever, garlic-butter, sour cream, anything you like. And yes, ketchup is mandatory on meatloaf. RAY

Looks fantastic Steve!! Count me in as another who loves ketchup on my meatloaf. Grew up with the top being glazed with a ketchup brown sugar blend and still liked to add more from there. I bet that spinach was tasty too.

That plate is just pure money Steve! Ketchup and all. With the last meatloaf I made I got the idea of making a hot beef sandwich with leftovers but ran out of meatloaf before it happened...ooopppsss.

Ryan
Thank you Ryan! So far it looks like 4 to 1 with ketchup winning!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky