Stromboli Monday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Had some dough left over from last night's pizza extravaganza so I decided to treat myself to a Stromboli

Ingredients:

Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Anchovies, Sausage, and Smoked Mozzarella.

IMG_0632.jpg

In you go!

IMG_0633.jpg

Normally a Stromboli is rolled closed, but I prefer the fold and pinch typical of a calzone. I guess I made a Stromzone.

IMG_0634.jpg

Into a 500˚ convention oven on my Baking Steel for 10 minutes. . .and voila!

IMG_0635.jpg

This thing never had a chance. . .I think I'm gonna burst!

IMG_0636.jpg

Thanks to all for viewing.

John

Last edited:
Looks like food coma city to me...I like it! Could definitely put the hurt on one of those right now

Ryan

Sweet! Been awhile since we had a Boli Night in my house. Lots of folks Turn their Nose Up at Anchovies but better quality Oil or Salt Packed (well rinsed) Anchovy Fillets are flavor packed Umami Bombs!...JJ

Reactions: indaswamp
Yup , looks good . Nice meal right there .
I fell asleep during the game too , and I didn't eat that .
Might be old age ?

Looks great, along with the cold ICB to wash it down. I haven't had one of those in a long time.

Looks like food coma city to me...I like it! Could definitely put the hurt on one of those right now

Ryan

So much easier to make than a pizza! Change of pace also.

.....You say Strom bowlly, I say Stromb Ally....<shrug> (can't remember where I saw that on TV....some movie I think.....)

Big Like! Looks awesome!!!

Tomato. . .Tomahto. . .Who cares , it was delecious! Thanks for the Like.

Sweet! Been awhile since we had a Boli Night in my house. Lots of folks Turn their Nose Up at Anchovies but better quality Oil or Salt Packed (well rinsed) Anchovy Fillets are flavor packed Umami Bombs!...JJ

Anchovies.....Ummmmmm! You Sir, are correct!

Call it what you want but I'd call it dang good. Great looking meal to me.

Warren

Thanks Warren!

Yup , looks good . Nice meal right there .
I fell asleep during the game too , and I didn't eat that .
Might be old age ?

LOL. . .You may be right.

Looks delicious John!
I like anything with anchovies in it.
Al

My Man!

Thanks for the Likes guys!

John

Last edited:
Looks great, along with the cold ICB to wash it down. I haven't had one of those in a long time.
Iron City Beer's recipe is now being brewed by Latrobe Brewery in Latrobe PA (home of Arnold Palmer and Mr. Rogers) makers of Rolling Rock Beer. Not sure if they are distributing it nationally though.

John

That looks really good! I haven't had an Iron City for years, might have to grab a 6 pack!

Iron City and Duquesne were my favorites in high school and they were only 50 cents a quart. . .Yes, beer was sold in quart bottles in the 60s

Thanks for the Like,

John
Straub, from St. Mary's was also good. I grew up on the PA/OH line and was stuck with crappy 3/2 beer back in the day😤

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky