• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Strange Pig Roaster

crewdawg52

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
I have and you do. The time I saw one in use, they had a large burn barrel and went through alot of oak coals.

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 25, 2006
Seems to excellerate cooking times, or they like tough meat. The instructions show cooking a 15 lb brisket in about 4 1/2 hrs. Prices don't seem to be too outrageous though.

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
I watched a cookin show once ,they used one of these to do a small pig in ...it traps in the steam created from the natural juices in the meat...can't remember exactly how long it took ,seems to me it was like 8 hrs ?? anyhow the meat came out falling off the bone and looked very yummy !!

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
One big objection is that the meat never sees any sort of fire or smoke. But, I guess it works for those who like that sort of thing...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.