Standing Rib Roast On Sale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great deal. Our small local Community Market had Black Angus Prime Rib adversities for $9.99. Going to call and see if it’s really prime or if it’s choice rib roast. If it’s prime I might have to rent some freezer space :)

I'm hoping to see it next week for a buck less, I like to get two in the bag. RAY

Great deal. Our small local Community Market had Black Angus Prime Rib adversities for $9.99. Going to call and see if it’s really prime or if it’s choice rib roast. If it’s prime I might have to rent some freezer space :)
One of those wierd naming things “Prime Rib” does not mean USDA grade “Prime”. It means the center cut (I forget which rib numbers) that are the best ie prime. It could be USDA prime or not. At that price I’d guess not, but doesnt mean its not good.

Reactions: jcam222
One of those wierd naming things “Prime Rib” does not mean USDA grade “Prime”. It means the center cut (I forget which rib numbers) that are the best ie prime. It could be USDA prime or not. At that price I’d guess not, but doesnt mean its not good.
For sure, I’ve cooked and enjoyed many choice grade

Yes, "Prime Rib" is a misnomer, it's just a generic name for either "Standing Rib Roast", "Rib Roast", or "Bone-in Rib Roast". I'm happy with a USDA Choice rib roast, bone-in or boneless, it's all the same...

I picked up 2 Greenwise Angus 4 bone rib roasts cut off the chuck end. Took them home & cut them in half so I have 4 really nice 2 bone roasts, and my receipt from Publix says I saved $147.00. What a deal in this time of rampant inflation. My freezers are about full, but I’m waiting for ribs to go on sale. But I don’t think that will happen until summer. Only buy when meat it is on sale.
Al

Reactions: sawhorseray
Bear Jr got a couple Prime Ribs at Weis' Market @ $6.99, and one of them is supposedly coming up here Christmas Day, after he makes it.
I'm Ready !!

Bear

I'll rent you some space, but some of it may come up missing .......

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky