St. Louis Style Spareribs - Kettle Style.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
I know you folks are probably going to get sick of me posting, but I'm on vacation this week and the weather was just perfect today.

Mid 70s no need for the Koozie
DSC03963.JPG

A nice rack of ribs - 2.99/lb
DSC03935.JPG

Since the 22" was already outside. I fired her up once again. Side charcoal baskets with each with a small chunk of hickory.
The ribs have a rub down of Mo Casons pork rub

DSC03960.JPG

After a short spell in the hot box:
DSC03961.JPG

...and they're done:
DSC03964.JPG

another shot for good measure:
DSC03965.JPG

Thanks for taking a look.

Chris

Nice piece of work Chris, tho you always need the koozie! I still prefer the snake for spares and butts, never pop the top until I want to brush on a little SBR the last half hour. Get ya some nice healthy greens on that plate? :emoji_laughing: RAY

Reactions: gmc2003
You don't need to cook and get married with such skills
Thanks Vizel, both are very enjoyable and have been at them for over 35 years.
Oh man....Im on day 5 of 6 12 hr shifts... Ya'lls post have kept me going and making me hungry. Looking forward to some days off to fire up my cooker.
Ji
Appreciate it Jim. I work a 12hr shift also. So most summers I take every other Weds./Thurs. off in June, July, and August. That give me a week off every other week for 3 months. It's perfect for Q'ing season around here.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Dang. Makes me wish I were on vacation, too. Even more than the usual reasons.
Thanks Nate, Vacation is always good. A rainy day off is still better then a day on the job.
They look great

Appreciate it Adam. There weren't any complaint in our house.

Chris

Keep em coming Chris. That's what vacations are for. . .
Thanks Winter, How true, except I'm always being reminded of the honey-do list and how long it's gotton.
Never shy away from showing us the great cooks/smokes you do Chris.

You have a great rack of ribs there .

David, ps , what is this thing called vacation, lol
Appreciate it David. The ribs were tasty and pulled just before they hit the FOTB stage. When I gave them the bend test for doneness they bent perfectly. However if I had held them there for much longer they would have broken.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice rack of ribs.
And nice beer pole.
I have a beer pole too. Mine is better. It has a name.

😂
Thanks Justin, but does your beer pole have electricity? LO:
I always know when I see the beer pole it’s gunna be great.
Appreciate it Sven. There seems to be a few variations of the beer pole sprouting up recently. That means allot of post are gonna be great.

Chris

Nice piece of work Chris, tho you always need the koozie! I still prefer the snake for spares and butts, never pop the top until I want to brush on a little SBR the last half hour. Get ya some nice healthy greens on that plate? :emoji_laughing: RAY

Thanks Ray, I like using the baskets, or SnS when doing cooks like this. It's easier and I don't get my hands dirty since I don't wear gloves. When I do chicken I already get prune fingers by washing them so much, I couldn't imagine what they'd look like if I had to wash them after playing dominoes with briquettes. I don't use my 4 probe therm anymore. I only use a insta read for the meat or I go by site and feel for certain cooks. Past experience has given me a pretty good idea on how hot the kettles are running and how long it takes to cook most things. So I only probe it near the end of the cook with the insta read. Other then that the lid stays on unless I'm taking a pic.

Chris

I know you folks are probably going to get sick of me posting
Absolutely not!! It may take a day or two for me to get a chance to respond, but your posts are always great. Food is amazing but I know your ulterior motive: you're just marketing the Beer Pole (patent pending) until you can ramp up production and make millions selling them :emoji_laughing: Keep the threads coming buddy.

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky