St. Louis Pork Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What @browneyesvictim said .... St. Louis ribs are just highly trimmed spare ribs. With a little practice you can cut them down. Trim the upper chine/flap down to where the "knuckles", or joints of cartilage are. Trim the back, removing most fat, and remove the membrane. Now you have St. Louis ribs.

looks delicious! I haven't been able to find any St. Louis cuts around here in a long time. Only baby backs, and spare ribs. Baby backs are too lean, and spare ribs too fatty for my preference.

Nice job on the video But I would eat all you trimmed off if I buy whole ribs that's what I eat if I buy St Louis style that's what I eat. I'm sure you did something with the trimmings. Still a very nice video.

Warren

Great video Disco.. seem like every time I read one of your posts I'm learning something... appreciate it
Liked

Chile Relleno, I went to your recipe post for the first time and my goodness it's a treasure trove of goodness recipes!! An entire course on how to prepare meats and "q" them. I'm so grateful for all of you that take the time to share your knowledge!

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky