Spare Ribs Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Friday night was rib night in the house of GMC. So out came the 26" Kettle for a call to duty.

Sprinkled on SnP on about 3/4 of the ribs. The rest got a garlic and herb season.

DSC03241.JPG

Starting of the fire. Apple chunks were used for this cook.
DSC03244.JPG

Can't forget my sous chef
DSC03247.JPG

...and on goes the ribs

DSC03246.JPG

Since I had some extra real estate. I added a sausage boat, and some spuds.

DSC03250.JPG

Glazed with a thin coat of SBRs

DSC03254.JPG

...and their done.

DSC03255.JPG

All sliced up and ready to go

DSC03260.JPG

Thanks for taking a look.

Chris

Great looking ribs Chris. I've heard you and others rave about the 26" kettle long enough to convince me that I need one.

Would you give details of your "Sausage boat"? Never heard of it.

Point

Reactions: gmc2003
Very nice Chris, glad to see the sous standing proudly! I really like that grill setup too. The color on those is great. Points!

Some fine lookin' spares there Chris! I just happen to have a rack of spares all thawed out for today. Now I have to decide whether to bust out the 26'er with the SnS, or just go with the 22", chain and hickory chunks. Decisions decisions. RAY

Looks great Chris . That cut shot tells the story .
Nice work bud .

What an inspiration you are Chris! I'll just follow your lead today,
Then I'm following Ray . 26 coming out for meatloaf .
If it's not all rusty .
A bit early for a Rolling Rock
Come on man . Live up to the construction worker stereotype .

, it's not even eight o'clock in the morning here yet, Jan would be giving me "the look".
They're gonna give you the look anyway . I forgot about the time change . That is a bit early ( if someone sees you )
Enjoy your cook bud .

Great looking ribs Chris. I've heard you and others rave about the 26" kettle long enough to convince me that I need one.

Would you give details of your "Sausage boat"? Never heard of it.

Point
Thanks Jack. The boat is basically a variant of the original fatty. Just a chub of your favorite sausage, rolled in your favorite rub. Then slice it down the middle like you would for a meatball grinder and stuff it with your favorite cheese. It's so good. Works as a snack or a meal.

Very nice Chris, glad to see the sous standing proudly! I really like that grill setup too. The color on those is great. Points!

Thanks Ringer. The sous chef earned his keep that night.

They look great Chris
Appreciate it Jim

Chris

Reactions: one eyed jack
Some fine lookin' spares there Chris! I just happen to have a rack of spares all thawed out for today. Now I have to decide whether to bust out the 26'er with the SnS, or just go with the 22", chain and hickory chunks. Decisions decisions. RAY
Thanks Ray. If your not planning on putting anything else on the grates go with the 22" and charcoal baskets. Save on the coals.

Nice Chris, you might make me switch plans to use the kettle today instead of the mes
Appreciate it Cliff. I would go with the kettle, but then again I don't own an electric.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky