Spare Ribs Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What an inspiration you are Chris! I'll just follow your lead today, all the way down to the SBR baste! A bit early for a Rolling Rock, but I'll get there! RAY
View attachment 633821
View attachment 633822
Looks like a good start Ray. I won't be cooking today. It's all about leftovers here, but I will be sipping on a cold one.

Looks great Chris . That cut shot tells the story .
Nice work bud .

Then I'm following Ray . 26 coming out for meatloaf .
If it's not all rusty .

Come on man . Live up to the construction worker stereotype .
Isn't rust on your 26"er a felony Rich? I love smoked meatloaf. Make sure you post it up. I may not have worked construction, but I did build my garage and 3/4 of my house. Does that count. I'm also an experienced cat-caller.

Chris

For Christ's sake Rich, it's not even eight o'clock in the morning here yet, Jan would be giving me "the look". RAY

So what are you saying Ray? Around here it's crack of dawn, crack open a beer. Stink-eye is something that can be dealt with. All you need is some really dark sun glasses.

Ray, it is noon somewhere...at least that is what I always tell Merideth.
Of course she just rolls her eyes at me.
I know that look. My wife still doesn't understand the beer pole.

Chris

They're gonna give you the look anyway . I forgot about the time change . That is a bit early ( if someone sees you )
Enjoy your cook bud .

Time change!!! Just tell her your living in the Eastern time zone. Use a kozzie if your worried about your neighbors.

Nice ribs, Chris.

Thank you very much.

Chris

Now I could make a nice meal out of that cook. Ribs look great.

Warren
Thank you very much Warren. It's good to see you back on site again.

100% on point, Chris. I love cooking a single rack, maybe 2 , on the kettle. Nice work there, buddy...
Appreciate it GS. Since it's just the wife and I. Single racks are becoming more and more common.

Chris

Them is some nice looking pork bones for sure! Nice work!
Thanks Civil. Not to shabby for a yankee. LOL

Great work Chris and making want a kettle !

Keith
Appreciate it Keith. You won't regret getting a kettle. I haven't touched my WSM in - well it's been well over a year I believe. Kettles are just so versatile.

Chris

So what are you saying Ray? Around here it's crack of dawn, crack open a beer. Stink-eye is something that can be dealt with. All you need is some really dark sun glasses.

Chris

I ended up putting a nice shot of Evan in my second cup of the day Chris, just more the way I roll. I did end up using the SnS with the 26, took a lot less time, I think I might like the chain method slightly more, I'm never in a rush. I was pretty much a copycat today, no regrets, a nice rack of spares and a dammed fine meal. I'll be lookin' forward to the next time you inspire me Chris, no sense posting this, thanks! RAY
DSCN3904.JPG
DSCN3905.JPG

Dang fine looking meal for sure! And have to love all that real estate you get on the 26!

Ryan

Reactions: gmc2003
Boy, that is one fine looking rack of ribs right there!! Just beautiful and a perfect smoke ring. Very well done and now you got me thinking I need to defrost a rack of ribs and get the smoker fired up.

Robert

Thanks Jack. The boat is basically a variant of the original fatty. Just a chub of your favorite sausage, rolled in your favorite rub. Then slice it down the middle like you would for a meatball grinder and stuff it with your favorite cheese. It's so good. Works as a snack or a meal.

Chris
Thanks for the explanation of the sausage boat Chris. I'll put it on my list.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Very nice rack of ribs Chris. Colour and juicy looking
" sausage boat " ?? and it looked like it did not make it to the end with the ribs and spuds, lol

David
Appreciate it David, ya the boat finishes up earlier then the ribs and spuds. So that got brought into the house and tested for quality. It passed.

As usual ... you nailed it Chris ...

Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning ...
Thank you kindly Jack.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I ended up putting a nice shot of Evan in my second cup of the day Chris, just more the way I roll. I did end up using the SnS with the 26, took a lot less time, I think I might like the chain method slightly more, I'm never in a rush. I was pretty much a copycat today, no regrets, a nice rack of spares and a dammed fine meal. I'll be lookin' forward to the next time you inspire me Chris, no sense posting this, thanks! RAY
View attachment 633888View attachment 633889
Wow those Ribs look great Ray. The whole plate does. The snake method, SnS, baskets, or just piling up the coals on one side of your kettle. They all work.
Dang fine looking meal for sure! And have to love all that real estate you get on the 26!

Ryan
Appreciate it Ryan. The space comes in real handy.

Chris

Great looking ribs!
Jim
Thanks Jim.

Boy, that is one fine looking rack of ribs right there!! Just beautiful and a perfect smoke ring. Very well done and now you got me thinking I need to defrost a rack of ribs and get the smoker fired up.

Robert

Appreciate it Robert.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky