Spanish Elk Chorizo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
John That looks great I am saving the link,Thanks will wait and see some of that sliced

Richie

I haven't been posting much, been busy at work and in the shop with hot rod wrench work, but...

Pulled Baby Chorizo today at a weight loss of 43% - This is the first taste of the Chorizo that was stuffed on 01/15/2017.

The taste is phenomenally good, MUCH better than I dreamed of, this is like fricken WOW good. Sliced paper thin, the fat just melts in your mouth with a smooth, sweet Italian paprika finish. The after taste and mouth feel is incredibly clean.

I will be making some more of this, I think I'll add some whole black pepper corns to the recipe. I am very happy with how this turned out.

Thanks for looking.

John looks good just to much fat for my taste.

Richie

icon14.gif

I haven't been posting much, been busy at work and in the shop with hot rod wrench work, but...

Pulled Baby Chorizo today at a weight loss of 43% - This is the first taste of the Chorizo that was stuffed on 01/15/2017.

The taste is phenomenally good, MUCH better than I dreamed of, this is like fricken WOW good. Sliced paper thin, the fat just melts in your mouth with a smooth, sweet Italian paprika finish. The after taste and mouth feel is incredibly clean.

I will be making some more of this, I think I'll add some whole black pepper corns to the recipe. I am very happy with how this turned out.

Thanks for looking.

Damn, how did I miss this post.    That looks great.

John looks good just to much fat for my taste.

Richie

icon14.gif
In dry curing, ,the fat doesn't taste like fat.   It gets real soft and will just melt when you eat it.

I have to agree with Tropics. But never having it I would try it before my final vote.

Check out the recipe percentages. - only 30% fat on day one, the fat does not contain much water like the lean meat.

I could grind the fat up so it looks more distributed throughout the sausage, but that was not my intent with this batch.

This back fat was fresh off the hog, never frozen, and only a day old, the sliced chunks are a great visual contrast with the red elk and paprika.

It is really quite an amazing experience.

I am stuffing MORE tomorrow!  
icon14.gif

(My math was incorrect above - it is actually 30% fat and not 15% as previously stated)

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky