Soy Lime Prawns

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I love prawns. They cook quickly in so many ways to make a great appetizer, snack, or meal. So, when She Who Must Be Obeyed said she wanted prawn appetizers when I was making some chicken wings in the smoker, I was happy to oblige.

Soy Lime Prawns 01.jpg

I took 10 deveined and shelled prawns and put them in a marinade of:

• 50 ml (1/4 cup) soy
  • 5 ml (1 tsp) lime juice
  • 1 ml (1/4 tsp) Sriracha
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
I let them marinade in the fridge for 1 to 3 hours.

My Traeger Timberline was already preheated to 425 F (218 C) for the chicken wings so I skewered 5 prawns each onto two bamboo skewers and put the prawns in the smoker. I cooked them for 4 minutes then brushed them with the marinade. I turned them and cooked for 3 minutes more.

Soy Lime Prawns 03.jpg

Soy Lime Prawns 04.jpg

The Verdict

I love these. Easy and so tasty. Add to that, She Who Must Be Obeyed was pleased and all was well with the world.

Disco

Attachments

• Soy Lime Prawns 03.jpg
    Soy Lime Prawns 03.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 10
Finger food supper!
Shrimp didn't over cook? i usually do them in the Weber and 7 minutes is shoe leather.

Wings another post? I've got wings on the weekend menu.

Looks delicious as usual, Disco. I'm always looking for new Shrimp recipes, and this looks and sounds like I'm going to try next. The Mrs. doesn't eat much Shrimp, so it's all for me! Nice work.

YES! I hear ya. my SWMBO also loves the prawns. your recipe looks great and so do the prawns!

That looks great, I would take a couple of those down no problem! Unfortunately my GF has a shrimp allergy and I haven't had one for over a year :emoji_anguished:
Curious, have you ever done New Orleans BBQ shrimp?

Those look Perfect, Disco!!
I don't have them often, because Mrs Bear won't eat any Seafood, but I manage some now & then.
Nice Job, Buddy!!
Like.

Bear

Awww Man....Now I need to send someone to the grocery for Shrimp! Looks great. ..JJ

I missed this one when it came out. Wish I hadn't. 'cause those look great.
My only question, seeing as how there are only 10, just what did SWMBO get-----the tails????
Gary

No chance! She Who Must Be Obeyed loves her seafood. I was lucky to get some!

Finger food supper!
Shrimp didn't over cook? i usually do them in the Weber and 7 minutes is shoe leather.

Wings another post? I've got wings on the weekend menu.

Nope, it didn't over cook but I did do it on the top rack of my Traeger which has great air circulation without much direct heat from below. In a Weber, the direct heat would shorten the cooking time.

As for the wings, yes, I have a wing post in the tube but I won't get to writing it up till tonight. Sorry!

I could tear a few of those skewers up.

Start driving, I'll start cooking!

Easy, quick, and tasty. How can you go wrong? Looks great Disco!

Thanks, Steve. They have to be easy, I made them!

Looks delicious as usual, Disco. I'm always looking for new Shrimp recipes, and this looks and sounds like I'm going to try next. The Mrs. doesn't eat much Shrimp, so it's all for me! Nice work.

Poor missus, lucky you! I do love my shrimp.

They look awesome Disco!
A big favorite around here.
Al

Thanks, Al. We both love them.

She who must be obeyed must be happy now ! Looks great Disco.

Thanks! She was happy with the prawns but she still gives me the hairy eyeball from time to time.

YES! I hear ya. my SWMBO also loves the prawns. your recipe looks great and so do the prawns!

Thanks so much! Now make some prawns for the lovely wife!

That looks great, I would take a couple of those down no problem! Unfortunately my GF has a shrimp allergy and I haven't had one for over a year :emoji_anguished:
Curious, have you ever done New Orleans BBQ shrimp?

Thanks and sorry to hear about the GF.

I haven't heard of New Orleans BBQ shrimp. Can you fill a fat old Canadian in? They sound great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky