Southern Colorado Smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you all for the comments. Got the smokehouse moved to the house New Year's Day. Received the burner from Northern Tool and The Maverick ET-732 today. Haven't had much of a chance to work on it this week but putting the chimney in and Hardy Planking the roof tomorrow. Will hopefully get the rest Hardy Planked Sunday. Had a lot left over after residing the house this summer. Regulator is supposed to be here Tuesday. Put a pork loin in Pops brine today. Hopefully if all works out this week I plan on doing a test run next Sunday. More pics to follow as I finish the build.

You would need Hi Temp wire and run inside the insulsted walls or in conduit. Problem is you would need on at each tray level to be effective.

I just use a headlamp and recently added a pole and light near the smokehouse - It really helps out.

This is an awesome smoke house. Makes me want to build another and steal some ideas!

Last edited:
KA, mornng..... Great looking smokehouse....   Think about insulating the stack... condensate, from moisture from the burner and meat could drip on your product....  Maybe a drip catch pan below the stack inside the smoker would work....   Just thinking about stuff that happens in my smoker....    Dave

Sweet Sweet looking build.  I have been checking out all these smokehouse builds and this is pretty much exactly what I wanted and envisioned in my head.  Thanks for posting.  Just a heads up, I'm gonna pretty much straight up copy you.  :)  Looks great.  Great work.  I can't wait to see some smokey goodness come through there

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky