Sous vide chicken gizzards

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Fried chicken gizzards are one of my favorite fried foods. Tried making them myself but they don't turn out as good as when they are pressure fried.

Don't like them overcooked as they are kind of rubbery. Sous vide seems like the way to go. Look forward to seeing how you do them and how they turn out.

Love them, wish they were available here. Use to have to flip a coin with my grandfather on who would get at Christmas or Thanksgiving. (always shared anyhow) :)

Love 'em.... My method is the pressure cooker then fry... I'm gonna try Sous Vide... I'm really liking the meat texture from S-V.... and the herb and spice infusion into the meat with S-V.... Seems like I get blinded by old ways and forget the new....

1 head bang.gif
............ Dave

They should be great I like them boiled compared to fried because they are tender. We also make chicken and dumplings just using hearts and gizzards.

Warren

They are gonna be good. I like Gizzard simmered until tender then breaded and fried. Hearts, sauteed medium in Bacon or Beef grease, with SPOG is really tasty...JJ

We are big fans of these, The wife does them up in the walkerswood jerk seasoning. Big like for me....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky