Sourdough Rye Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
After 3 not so great attempts at rye finally got a good one. Huge thanks to Bob, bregent bregent for getting me through this! Also did my regular one. Took few days to get starter up to speed as it been couple months since fed it.

20210305_065513.jpg 20210305_080640.jpg

Also got some mash going. Love this color from some blue corn. I have 3 different types of Inkbird thermometers and none work very good around induction. My old Mavericks never had a problem. Ordered some new probes for them. Been a busy morning!

20210305_085302.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man Brian! I want a warm slab of that with some melty butter. Looks darn good.
Jim

I bought the dough maker to make pizza, I made the home made bacon and I am about to plant the heirloom tomatoes. I NEED to make that. Details...please.

I bought the dough maker to make pizza, I made the home made bacon and I am about to plant the heirloom tomatoes. I NEED to make that. Details...please.
Do you have a starter? I know people say the best starter is homemade but I bought mine from breadtopia and it taste darn good to me and ready to bake in few days.

Alright Brian, sign me up brother!! That looks fantastic. Congrats on nailing one and kudos to bregent bregent for pointing you in the right direction.

Robert

Got to tell you making sourdough and homebrewing things you have to love to do. Just finished up brew 8 hours later. Only 2 more to do.

Attachments

• 20210305_142113.jpg
    20210305_142113.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 6
Looks good

My starter is ready, hope mine comes out good like yours.

I don't but will look into it.
There are a lot of recipes out there to make starters. I had trouble with the one I did and wanted to get baking so I just ordered. There are several bakers here better than I am that can help. I can give you a couple processes that I use when you ready.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky