Sourdough on the RecDeq

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PapaRed

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2021
Glendale, AZ
Not a baker, and certainly not a cook, but tiring of the price increases on sourdough bread, I began to bake my own. My new Recdeq pellet grill seemed to be a candidate, so this morning it proved itself. Easier than the electric oven, and no heat in the kitchen.

Sourdough1.jpg
On the Recteq1.jpg
Recteq Bake.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work . I've done a fair amount of breads , cakes and pies on Weber Kettles over the years .
That bread looks fantastic . Just another use for the grill .

Thanks...haven't tasted it yet, was wondering how much "wood fire" taste it would pick up. Used a 50/50 mix of Lumber Jack Hickory and Whiskey Barrel pellets.

Reactions: JLeonard
Good job.

Yeah prices are huge right now. Thats why I have slowed on making sausage.

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks...haven't tasted it yet, was wondering how much "wood fire" taste it would pick up. Used a 50/50 mix of Lumber Jack Hickory and Whiskey Barrel pellets.
Was my question also. Either way, I bet it was awesome!

Jim

Taste, texture same as oven baked bread. AS 02ebz06 02ebz06 said, the high heat eliminated most of the smoke. Next bake I may introduce a bit of smoke on the second bulk fermentation. Bottom line, the pellet grill does a great job baking, and keeps the heat out of the kitchen on Arizona summer days.

Reactions: chopsaw and 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky