SOUP AND SAMMICH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
We had more sandwiches monday night but this time it was a ham and swiss. Real simple sandwich but real tasty. The wife told me she was making broccoli cheese soup for dinner. For her thats all she would need. But for me i have to have a sammich with my soup! The broccoli soup she usually makes is a Ree Drummond (pioneer woman) recipe and its its really cheesy and delicious here is a few pics of monday night soup and sammich!

Here is the start of the soup. Cooking in the crock pot. Will get blended with a stick blender then all the cheese added later
20191118_195633.jpg

Then i took some ham slices and put them in the cast iron just to brown up and caramelize a little bit
20191120_073429.jpg
20078.jpeg

Picked up a French everything loaf for the bread.
20077.jpeg

Slice up the bread ,butter both halfs and assemble the sammich. Swiss on both sides and the ham in the middle
20076.jpeg

I like a little whole grain mustard on mine. This is what i use
19985.jpeg

Then into the cast iron to get toasted!
20080.jpeg

Then give them a flip and cover to melt the cheese
20079.jpeg

Then onto the plate with some broccoli cheese soup. I like to dip my sammich into the soup!
19981.jpeg
19987.jpeg

They were really good! Nice buttery and crusty bite. And really good for dipping in the soup. If your not afraid of lots of processed velveeta cheese check out the recipe for the soup. Its real good and it makes a bunch so you can freeze for later. Nothing special here just a real good soup and sammich meal for a Monday night. Thanks for checking it out!

Looks awesome. We love broccoli and cheese soup. Love Ree Drummond too. She cooks like normal people and great stuff.

Very nice . I love soup , but have to have a grilled cheese with it . Try salami in the grilled cheese sometime .
That's a meal you can't stop eating . Nice tag team by you and the wife .

Looks awesome. We love broccoli and cheese soup. Love Ree Drummond too. She cooks like normal people and great stuff.
Your right she does! My wife is a big fan of all her dishes and cooking utensils and such. You'll see lots of those things in my posts. Lol

Reactions: jcam222
Very nice . I love soup , but have to have a grilled cheese with it . Try salami in the grilled cheese sometime .
That's a meal you can't stop eating . Nice tag team by you and the wife .
Thanks ! Every once in a while we both have a little time to contribute to dinners. Most of the time i cook because she does so much taking care of the boys. Cooking is one thing that braught us together. She loves to cook ! Its Its really great when we can cook together!

Reactions: chopsaw
It looks very good. Especially now, its raining outside gonna change to snow and get windy. We really like pioneer woman also, besides anytime you can switch a vegetarian back to eating meat it's a good thing.

Reactions: Sowsage
It looks very good. Especially now, its raining outside gonna change to snow and get windy. We really like pioneer woman also, besides anytime you can switch a vegetarian back to eating meat it's a good thing.
Lol! Thats true! When i met my wife she had never ate any meat off of a bone! Now its the complete opposite! I guess i wouldn't have either if i never had it cooked properly. Lol!

Thanks ! Every once in a while we both have a little time to contribute to dinners. Most of the time i cook because she does so much taking care of the boys. Cooking is one thing that braught us together. She loves to cook ! Its Its really great when we can cook together!
Also chopsaw chopsaw i like a ham and swiss with the broccoli cheese soup. And of course grilled cheese with tomato soup! But there is one thing that really hits the spot and honestly sounds a little weird. My dad got me into this years ago when i was young and still today i crave it from time to time. Peanut butter..butter..and lettuce sandwiches served with chilli soup. He said it was a meal they would have at school growing up and he always enjoyed it. Now this is a meat and beans kind of chilli soup....so think wendys chilli if you have ever had it. And good ol' white sandwich bread. I dont know what it is about it but im telling you its crazy good! Maybe its the nostalgia of it? I dont know but i have past this on to my kids as well and they love it...... Well i should say my oldest. The youngest cant have peanut. But he sure likes butter! Lol!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Nothing special?
Cooking from scratch is a lost skill with many people.

Sandwiches?
I love:
mayo and lettuce
peanut butter (PB) and lettuce
cashew butter (CB) and lettuce
bacon and PB and lettuce
bacon and CB and lettuce
Prefer a BLT with mayo or PB or CB, but not unless with garden fresh maters

Grilled cheese or grilled ham and cheese or grilled dried beef and cheese or grilled Canadian bacon and cheese for soup dunkers

Reactions: Sowsage
Never had peanut butter, butter, and lettuce sandwich. But have had peanut butter, lettuce and dill pickles on a sandwich. My wife grew up eating them, calls them "icky sandwich " maybe cuz anyone we tell think it sounds icky. But trust me, they are anything but icky! But have fresh lettuce, the crunch adds the extra texture needed, without lettuce it's not the same.

Looks so good! Grilled sandwiches and soup are a winter staple around here.

My stomach is growling over here, I have to stop browsing this site before breakfast!

Like!

Never had peanut butter, butter, and lettuce sandwich. But have had peanut butter, lettuce and dill pickles on a sandwich. My wife grew up eating them, calls them "icky sandwich " maybe cuz anyone we tell think it sounds icky. But trust me, they are anything but icky! But have fresh lettuce, the crunch adds the extra texture needed, without lettuce it's not the same.
May have to try that sometime!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Great looking meal! The simplicity of soup and a sandwich is so overlooked. Very satisfying and delicious to boot! Yours looks killer! LIKE!!!
Thanks! Your right it is overlooked. And there are so many combinations to choose from!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky