Something to Take Our Minds off of Our Current Situation.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That Molly Hatchet video was recorded at a different venue but the same tour that I saw them back in Nov 78 - probably 1 or 2 weeks after that was recorded.
I was in 10th grade and they opened for the Outlaws. My dad's cousin got me and my friends front row seats. What a show! Thanks for bringing back that memory

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Ok I've been messing around here today and found this thread. Looks like a lot of great music although I didn't go back and read every post. A quick skim and I'm laughing at what my playlist looks like. It's so diverse from Johnny Cash to Marlyn Manson. Let's see if I get kicked off SMF for a few of my deep tracks that I listen to quite often............
We'll start with a band that's from the Dallas area (RIP Vinny & Dime)

This may be one of the coolest songs I've ever heard by one of the coolest bands on the planet

Johnny Cash covering Nine Inch Nails (and freakin' nails it like only JC can)

Hey, If you don't like John Prine I don't know what to say? Buddy! When you're dead .............
RIP John Prine

These guys just ROCK - Fun music and great live

If they kick me off the forum just know I still cook on my smoker 3 to 5 days a week and I love you guys. LOL

Rock on:emoji_metal:

Ok I've been messing around here today and found this thread. Looks like a lot of great music although I didn't go back and read every post. A quick skim and I'm laughing at what my playlist looks like. It's so diverse from Johnny Cash to Marlyn Manson. Let's see if I get kicked off SMF for a few of my deep tracks that I listen to quite often............
We'll start with a band that's from the Dallas area (RIP Vinny & Dime)

This may be one of the coolest songs I've ever heard by one of the coolest bands on the planet

Johnny Cash covering Nine Inch Nails (and freakin' nails it like only JC can)

Hey, If you don't like John Prine I don't know what to say? Buddy! When you're dead .............
RIP John Prine

These guys just ROCK - Fun music and great live

If they kick me off the forum just know I still cook on my smoker 3 to 5 days a week and I love you guys. LOL

Rock on:emoji_metal:

JC doing Hurt...doesn't get much better than that.

Reactions: texomakid
May you each have a thought and prayer for those who served and are no longer with us this Memorial Day. My dad was a Navy veteran. After he passed, I wrote a fictional short story. It still needs a little work, but I may post it this Monday.

Back to the thread. My daughters gave me a couple of nice gift cards to Amazon. My solid state laptop WAS limited in USB ports, so I added a couple of hubs, changed the uncomfortable ear pads on my headphones, and added a CD/DVD RW drive among other things (external hard drive dock). With the comfortable headphones, I've rediscovered my music. I'm sitting here listening to Rodney Crowell. MAAAAAAN, that guy can write and sing friggin' fantastic lyrics. Just ordered his two latest CDs. I know I can listen to them already, but I don't want to deny myself the Christmas morning-like expectation of their arrival this Sunday.

Yes, they still rock, especially after the lives they've led. Not to mention being in their mid to late 70's.
A few weeks ago they were on that Feed the hungry special, and Mick Jaggar's voice was superb! I couldn't believe it, how crystal clear it was.

My wife's cousin turned me on to that. Blew me away first time (and every time) I hear it.
I loved it! I can't remember if it's on this post or not but could you put the song by Lee Greenwood " God bless the USA" on here? I don't know how to do it but just listened to it.

Thanks
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky