Something to Take Our Minds off of Our Current Situation.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Eight tracks $ucked. They would skip tracks during the best songs. BTW Nancy was hot.

Chris
Oh how I know, as I owned a lot of them (just being funny in previous post) the worst was when they got eaten and then getting them out of the unit and winding the tape back into the cartridge, the screws holding the player into the dash were long gone...... :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: gmc2003
Redemption time Robert: Name the only successful white band signed by Motown records.

Ok...my memory is a bit foggy from that era (at least the latter part of it) but I am going to guess...and this is only an off-the-cuff guess. I'm going to say Rare Earth. Probably wrong but I could find out once you tell me if I'm right or not.

Hoping to be right but will accept a loss,
Robert

Ding Ding Ding - correct!!!

Congratulations Robert, your one step away from the Kewpie doll grand prize

Chris

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
If you really want to spend HOURS searching and listening to something different.... This guy turned a RV into a rolling music studio.... parks it at different venues and records groups while they are waiting to go play... I've found A LOT of things I like... The quality of the sound is top notch as well... Some of you might have found it already...

I'm gonna have to edit this and say DAYS (weeks maybe) instead of HOURS .. just spent the last two evenings going through pages A-Z ... I've only made it to page 3 (Middle of the A's) .... Each artist has three songs... Like I've said.. finding some that I really like ...

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Wow, gotta love this thread. I was a kid in the 70's and a teen in the 80's but heard a lot of my parents music from the 50's and 60's as well so I got exposed to a lot of different music. Have heard so much of what was listed.

Myself being more of an 80's guy am most familiar with that and a huge Scorpions fan. Also love Pat Benatar, she has such a great voice. Wanted to throw out a few others from various genres\times, apologies if I missed them elsewhere.

The Zombies, Golden Earring, Neil Diamond, Motley Crue, Deep Purple, etc.

As far as some newer stuff listen to some Volbeat, Ghost, Nothing More.

Love the Guess Who. Was lucky enough to see their reunion tour in 2000.
I took my kids to see them in the early 90's. My two daughters were early teenagers and had grown up listening to them. A couple of their friends went with us, and could not get over my girls singing along on nearly every song. Of course they had no idea...great songs to turn up, and sing, going down the road.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky