Something to Take Our Minds off of Our Current Situation.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I took my kids to see them in the early 90's. My two daughters were early teenagers and had grown up listening to them. A couple of their friends went with us, and could not get over my girls singing along on nearly every song. Of course they had no idea...great songs to turn up, and sing, going down the road.
Same with my girls

Haven’t posted in a very long time. I was just tagged on Facebook to post the 10 albums that made me who I am... tough question. I will share the first three here with you guys.

Tchaikovsky 1812 overture- first classical piece I really loved and led me to study music, plus it has cannons...
Yes 90125 - Heard this album when it first came out, was re introduced in high school and the song Owner of a Lonely Heart seemed about right for that awkward high school kid
Rush Hold Your Fire - First album I saved up to buy, rode my bike to K-mart to buy. The tape didn’t leave my Walkman for about 6 months, as a drummer it was a whole different level of rock drumming.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Sorry if it's been mentioned but Lee Greenwood... I'm proud to be an American is an awesome song

Ryan

Funny you should add to this thread as I was going to past Pat Travers Band, Snortin' whiskey and Drinking Cocaine, and Black Betty.

Was reorganizing my music on the PC and came across these.

John

LOL. I consider myself pretty schooled in rock music but never had heard of Pat Travers until a few years ago. Buddy of mine that told me about them gave me Go For What You Know disc... WOAH. What a treat!

Anyhoo... I forget who mentioned Ghost. LOL. Remember when you Mom/teacher/pastor told you KISS stood for Knights in Satan's Service??? :emoji_laughing: Check out Ghost...

1481060.jpg

Some folks don't realize that Santana is not who wrote Black Magic Woman. They think he did because he's the only one they've heard sing it. Here's your original... Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green

These guys are from Atlanta. Check them out. Blackberry Smoke
Listen to the words to this one. I guarantee you it'll take you back to the good ole days!

Very cool, Blues1.
Thanks for posting that. I never heard of them before but I'll check them out.

Seems that there's a blurry line between Country and Southern Rock that I can't define, but I know it when I hear it. Those 2 songs were real close to that line though somehow I think they kinda fell on the Country side, but that's ok by me.
Good tunes is good tunes.

I like music, damn near all types of it but old school Rock'n Roll is by far my favorite...great thread idea.

I could go on for hours and hours, these are in no special order.

Last edited:
Very cool, Blues1.
Thanks for posting that. I never heard of them before but I'll check them out.

Seems that there's a blurry line between Country and Southern Rock that I can't define, but I know it when I hear it. Those 2 songs were real close to that line though somehow I think they kinda fell on the Country side, but that's ok by me.
Good tunes is good tunes.
I would agree. Just picked two that I liked. They also play a little blues. Really hard to define music these days. Most of today's country is not what I'd classify as country at all. I mean, it's ok, but it ain't country.

Here's another one to think about. How about the same band(with multiple hits across the globe) changes singers, and the replacement out performs the original on one of their biggest hits. From down under the Little River Band. The Aussies version of the Eagles.

The little River Band - Cool Change: Glenn Shorrock:

...and the Little River Band - Cool Change: John Franham

Franham sings with such emotion. He definitely has some serious chops.

Chris

Whenever Pure Prairie League is mentioned the first thought is "Amie" ... lets stray away from that one and listen to some other tracks...

How about fixing "The Hags" tire...

Lets go for a ride on the Kansas City Southern

Pick'n To Beat The Devil ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky